THE REATTA LOUNGE

Ronnie

As I've mentioned before, my dad was career Navy.  So, I was born in Newport, RI, then lived in San Diego in my younger years, then in Colorado Springs for a short while, then to Massachusetts for the rest of my time now.  I tend to notice folks' different American "dialects".  I try to catch myself when I sound too "New England"...too many "ah's" at the end of most words, i.e., "down cellah", which means "in the basement", "forah" which means "four".  My wife has a wicked Boston/New York accent, and Good God Girt if I make fun of it.    

Being mostly a Floridian had trouble when in Indiana someone ordered a roast beef sandwich with mangos.

ps Grandfather was army top kick, father was a Conoe U grad & was in charge of the back of the boat. So I was AF since did not want to walk where I was going.

Padgett, and any others in Florida, hope you're weathering Ian without much damage or issues. Looks pretty scary on the TV. My thoughts and well wishes to all affected.

• Agree 2

Land always slows himmicanes down. Looks to be on a line from Punta Gorda to Sebring to Melbourne and wind speed has dropped 30 mph since landfall. Florida is a big state. Will know more tomorrow morning.

• Thanks 1