THE REATTA LOUNGE

Ronnie

Every now and again I experience a vendor that takes my cash, sends something else, and then just never gets around to sending what was advertised. Guess not much can be done particularly then the vendor claims it is a third party (non specified) vendor that is at fault. Has happened twice to me with Amazon. What is sent is not only rong but much cheaper than what was ordered. Last time they claimed a AC oil filter was not available (while still being advertised). Anyone else ?

I have had a couple instances, both with Amazon, where the product received didn’t match what was offered in the ad. Both were not fulfilled by Amazon but were selling via their marketplace so Amazon was little help. I contacted the actual vendor directly in both cases which ended up well and I actually came out ahead. One was a small Crosman bb/pellet gun for my grandson. I used Crosman’s help line to contact them to explain the ad didn’t match the product and I was informed it had been superseded by what I received. Two days later I received word from higher up the food chain that she had located a new old stock model that matched what I ordered and sent it to me free of charge plus I kept the original. The other turned out to be an Eastern European company that was marketing Diablo brand reciprocating saw blades in Amazon and I received 6” blades rather than 9” per the order. They were so concerned about a negative review they refunded my money, and sent the correct blades although I did return the incorrect ones. Most vendors on Amazon but not fulfilled by them are very sensitive of the reviews they receive. Just be firm and fair and contact them directly. Most will treat you fairly.

5 hours ago, Padgett said:

Guess not much can be done particularly then the vendor claims it is a third party (non specified) vendor that is at fault. Has happened twice to me with Amazon.

I've had a good experience with Amazon. I always check the box on the top left of the Amazon listings page that says "Free Shipping by Amazon" when I start viewing items. Then I look for "Free returns" below the price of the item. That assures you that you can return it to Amazon, no questions asked. I prefer the vendor to be Amazon but I have bought from other vendors after reading their reviews. I think the key to a good experience with Amazon is making sure you can return it directly to Amazon without dealing with an outside vendor if possible. 

Posted (edited)

Agree, make a lot of orders every year and have Prime. Problems seem to occur even when "shipped by Amazon" but a third party vendor is involved. Happens like once a year. Have something going on now with Woot (Amazon owned) and a third party. Ordered and card was charged on 15th. Rong (much cheaper) item received from vendor on 22nd. 24th "you will receive updated tracking information as soon as your item ships out." 28th  "working to find out the status of the replacements"  Nothing yet.

Edited by Padgett

If you use their online help desk I find they are usually helpful plus they often offer a monetary credit reward from $10-$15 to help soothe your aggravation.

Agree Amazon is great, Woot (Amazon owned) is not so. Still waiting on tracking number for $170 item ordered (and paid for) on 15th.