THE REATTA LOUNGE

Ronnie

Thanks for the plate offer Dave. To many dust collectors for me already. Wife likes Bosson heads. We have a cabinet filled from top to bottom and some put away in drawers.

SAM_4142.JPG

9 hours ago, Padgett said:

Of cats ?

I didn’t look at all of the plates so I know not what is on them. I have a cat myself who keeps me in line

My 2000 Eldorado is having HVAC issues.  When I call for A/C, the driver's side does so but the passenger's side generates heat.  When I call for heat, the driver's side does so but the passenger's side generates cold.  Took it to a local dealer yesterday (4/4/22) and after a few diagnostics it turns out the passenger actuator is toast.  Part has been ordered and will be installed tomorrow.  I was told by the service advisor that I will receive a Senior discount...yahoo!  The Eldo is 22 years old with only 80K miles on it.  In the 15 years I've owned it, I've never had to do much repair-wise (a starter motor, 2015) other than regular maintenance. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Padgett said:

I always liked the late Eldo et cetera.

It has a Pearl Black Metallic exterior with black interior:

IMG_0317.JPG

• Like 1

Nice Caddy Dave! I like black cars but they are really hard to keep clean here in TN with all the yellow pollen we have. The pollen will make a black car look dirty in just a few hours.

I have a dark gray metallic Equinox that looks almost black. Even though it stays in the garage 90 percent of the time, and gets driven very little, I use a California Duster on it about every other day in the summer to remove the pollen.

equinox 4-21-2014 (1).JPG

• Like 2

My Eldo is garage kept, also.  I agree, it's very hard to keep them clean...especially in the Spring.  We get the yellow pollen, also.

My current Avalanche is Black. Washing it is a bear. Have to use elevated platforms to get upper windshield and especially the roof. Knowing this, its still my 3rd Black vehicle - a previous Avalanche and also a Silverado. Already had the platforms, so why not?

• Like 2

A follow-up to the 2000 Eldorado a/c issue:  Dealer mechanic did all kinds of tests/trouble code diagnostics.  Bottom line was the passenger sensor and actuator were toast.  He also cleaned out/evacuated the system, blew out/cleaned the orifice, and recharged the system.  The a/c now is ice cold and running fine both sides.  Total came to a little over $750 including the governor's 6.25% tax.  I'm very pleased with the results.    

Edited by ship

29 minutes ago, ship said:

$750 including the governor's 6.25% tax

You have a better governor than we have in TN. He gets 9.50 here. Got to make up for no income tax someway. 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6.5% here but no state income tax. Periodically they try and find out (again) that less than 50% have an income...

The wind was wild today. As some of you know I do not close my trunk lid tight, I just leave it rest on the weather strip. Today the wind was so fierce that when I stopped for the stop sign the gust of wind opened my trunk lid enough for the hydralic to open it the rest of the way.

• Haha 2

Dave, we didn't have much wind here today, but your story reminds me of my daughter's trip to Iceland. When she rented a car there she had to sign papers saying she understood the instructions she was given about opening the doors and her obligation to pay if the doors were damaged from the wind ripping a door out of her hands. She was told to park the car headed into the wind whenever possible, and to always hold onto the door tightly when she opened it to prevent the wind from slamming it open and damaging it.  She was renting the car to go see a glacier where the wind blew like that all the time.

• Like 3

On 1/8/2022 at 2:07 PM, Ron Walker said:

As noted in a prior post, I changed out my summer tire/wheels for winter tire/wheels. This got me to thinking about what appears to be superior torsional rigidity of the Reatta Coupes. For instance, as anyone who changes out a tire/wheel package knows, when you jack up the car, you can usually jack up the front by using the uni-body contact point right behind the front wheel, and the whole car is lifted such that you can change both front and rear tire/wheel packages on the same side with a single jack. 

Just wondering if the same maneuver can be done with a Reatta Convertible vis-a-vis its torsional rigidity?

Yes, I place the jack here on my convertible. I've never had an issue. My convertible does have a little cowl shake. Sometimes the toneau cover rattles a little in rough parts of the road. My mom has an 03 Thunderbird, and funny enough that car rattles a lot when the hard top is attached, more than my Reatta any day.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Gee only warning I got in Alaska was there would be a $250 charge if I carried fish.

• Haha 1

For the last five years, about this time every year I have a window washing company come by and wash my first-floor windows.  There are eight on the first floor: two 8 over 8 individual pane windows, and six 6 over 6 individual pane windows (all original to my 75-year-old Cape).  This includes inside and out and the upper and lower storm windows (also inside and out).  They bring six guys, and it takes them no more than 45 minutes.... they're in, they're out.  The cost is only $15 per window for a total of $120.  Sure beats the time, energy, and materials that I'd have to deal with... not to mention up and down on a ladder.

That's a great deal on window cleaning. You should hang on to those guys. When I built my house 17 years ago, with getting older in mind, I tried too make it as easy as possible to maintain. The sashes tilt into the house so I can stand inside the room and clean them inside and out. Once tilted in you can twist them sideways and take them all the way out if needed.  They cost a little more but it eliminated the need to get on a ladder to clean the outside.  I also put brick and vinyl everywhere I could to eliminate painting outside on a ladder. Now that I'm old I'm glad I did.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

That's a great deal on window cleaning. You should hang on to those guys. When I built my house 17 years ago, with getting older in mind, I tried too make it as easy as possible to maintain. The sashes tilt into the house so I can stand inside the room and clean them inside and out. Once tilted in you can twist them sideways and take them all the way out if needed.  They cost a little more but it eliminated the need to get on a ladder to clean the outside.  I also put brick and vinyl everywhere I could to eliminate painting outside on a ladder. Now that I'm old I'm glad I did.

That's exactly what we did with our almost 90 year old house. Windows needing to be replaced but we did order replacements that had the same look as "original". We don'y have a historic house but we wanted to keep the look.

• Like 2

When I bought the house twenty-nine years ago, I put tilt-in windows in the upper floor for easy cleaning.  I left the bottom windows original.  For the house exterior siding, I installed white cedar shingles on three sides and gray vinyl shiplap on the front.  I also had all trim boards clad in white vinyl (soffits, windows, doors, etc.).  House is totally maintenance free on the exterior.

We were introduced to the "Window Wizards" cleaning guys when Diane worked for a health club.  They cleaned the club's picture windows. 

• Like 1