What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

Has been absolutely perfect convertible weather the past few days here in SC.  The drive home from work just seems more relaxing with the top down.  Found a "Hits of 1990 and 1991" playlist on spotify to listent to on my way home today lol.

• Like 2

Quick question about spark plugs and wires. By the time I get the 1990 convertible down to Texas I will have 25000 miles on #14 Plugs and wires with the Delco ignition system. What is the general opinion about when to swap them out?

I've always heard up to 100k for iridium or platinum and about 30k for copper.

I think copper probably can last longer than that, but you need to re-gap them by about 20k-30k.  I figure if I am going through the trouble of removing plugs, I'm just going to replace them with fresh ones.

If they are #14 Rapidfire platinum, I would bet at least triple that mileage. Might pull one just to look, but it probably looks like new.

• Like 1

Thanks for the opinion guys.

Last nights visit to Kendall was the final repair [we fixed the backlighting on the driver's door] on the 'vert. I recently posted that we swapped out the window motor, cleaned up the roller in the top track, fixed the actuator lock rubber and got the door switch backlighting to work again [these are Olds Trofero switches with backlighting].    On previous visits we did timing chain and cam magnet, ground and power wire connections under the seats, installed a factory stereo with Bluetooth and MP3 connections, LED fog lights, sequential light repair, battery quick disconnect switch, brake line hoses and front pads/rotors.

Last item on the list is to treat the seats, and redye the carpets, wash/wax the car, detail the wheels/tires and engine compartment and then into storage by October 1 until its trip to Texas in February. 

I bring out the '88 Black as not having A/C in the Black won't be as important as the miles I will rack up due to my insurance business picking up these next 4-5 months.

Edited by DAVES89

There it is! :classic_ohmy::classic_ohmy:    They just added it to their list here

image.thumb.png.6ff5d3115772d150017d0066bc59fba5.png

Sorry for kind of pretty excited about this :classic_tongue:

• Like 2

I just ordered a fuel regulator from RockAuto for my '91 Reatta to put in my home "just in case" inventory.  They normally throw in a magnet with an order.  Hope to receive your Reatta magnet with my order.

RA is fine as long as you do not need to return anything then it gets really "interesting".

• Agree 1

The time has finally arrived to scrap the donor car. It has served a good purpose donating many interior pieces including the drivers seat bottom ,the entire dash assembly and lots of small trim and other things. The red car #2 son has was the prime recipient, including both window motors,  although the hood, right fender and right headlight assembly went to the black car after the deer hit last fall. Under the hood the radiator went to the red car and the a/c suction line between the accumulator and the compressor went to the black car. Today we pulled the alternator, relays, misc vacuum connections and the entire Teves brake assembly. The last thing will be to see if the ABS sensor leads can be removed. Not much decent stuff remains and I just don't want to push it back inside for the winter. It is sort of bittersweet, being purchased for a different purpose, then languishing for several years until finding what it was perfect for. It has worked out well in the end. 

• Like 2

rather then trying to remove the abs leads [if they are still good] I advise removing the hub assembly [knuckle]. That way you have good ABS leads as well as additional parts. They don't take up much room and it is still a relative easy swap when your leads do go bad.

• Thanks 1

Sunday (10/3/21) I took the '91 Reatta to our last local cruise-in "cars 'n coffee".  This week I will prepare for it's cleanup and storage.

• Like 1

Finally got around to switching over to the Delco style ignition. I started off with the whole assembly from the s/c engine I bought a few years ago, and after replacing parts, in the wrong order, I ended up with all new parts. The least expensive were the coils, not what was intended, but at least it works👍
792D481C-4446-4D58-A13F-11D985BF0D8F.thumb.jpeg.efe6fff0c17121d374b64f8167485bbe.jpeg

• Like 3

Been busy this last week with Reattas. Kendall and I got the door switch lights [from a Trofero] to work on both sides. T home later I vacuumed the interior of both the '88 and 'vert so I could spray the dye mix as illustrated in Ronnie's "How to" Both cars look great. Swapped in a high brake light on the 'vert [on close out special at Rock Auto at I believe 75 cents each.

I then noticed that the driver's side headlight wouldn't pop up all the way so I swapped out the headlight motor as I already had done the crank arm with an aftermarket one. I also changed the loom as it was too big a diameter and was pinching between the headlight cover and the bucket. Now it works fine. I also had Bob my mechanic friend rebuild the one I just removed so I am sure I have good back ups should the need arise. I did more but can't remember what else...

Before starting on dropping the tank to swap the fuel pump I decided to ask a garage what they wanted to do the job. I know nothing about this shop but thought I would get an idea what it would cost just for the labor. At the price tag of $280 for labor and me furnishing the pump and strainer I guess I will be laying under my car soon to do it myself.

• Like 1

Been a little busy on the Reatta ourselves.  Got the glove box latch fixed on old Rita (if youd like to watch)

Also, got a new hood hinge, trunk cover, etc...a lot of stuff, really!  

Also got a question:

Would a headlight restore kit take care of the oxidation of the tail light or is that something I shouldn't mess with?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CameraGuyLou said:

Would a headlight restore kit take care of the oxidation of the tail light or is that something I shouldn't mess with?

Several people have refinished their taillights. Start a new topic about how do it and I'm sure you will get the help you need.

• Agree 1

It would be nice if you would post the written instructions for replacing the latch. It would be helpful to others who need details about what you did.

• Like 1