What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

Hope you are having a great vacation Dave. I'm sure the weather is a lot nicer there in TX than at your house.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

36 degrees and I washed the Black today. Wiped dry and now in the garage with the doors open to let the jamb rubber dry out.

45 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

36 degrees and I washed the Black today. Wiped dry and now in the garage with the doors open to let the jamb rubber dry out.

Do you have to dry the rubber to keep the doors from freezing shut? It's been unusually warm here. It was over 60 here today. Predicted to be 76 here tomorrow with rain then dropping down to the 30s by Monday. We have crazy weather swings here in Tennessee.

Even with the warm weather I've not been out of the house today. Trying to recover from aches and pains after changing the radiator in my daughter's Camry yesterday. Staying bent over for a couple of hours isn't good for a bad back. Saved her $300 in labor to pay someone else to do it so I guess it was worth it. 🙂 

• Agree 1

Local temps have been fluctuating and humidity has gone up over the last few day causing thick fog each night.

Went into the igloo to check on my Reatta.  All is still ok...just waiting for April.

BTW, I had a chance to check the miles driven for 2021...only 618 miles for the whole year.

• Like 2

618 miles for the whole year is hardly driving it. I would think that you could use it for errands or something to get that over 1000 miles. 

Ronnie, the rubber doesn't freeze on this one like the old Black that 2seaters son now has. That one would freeze up just sitting in the driveway overnight. The longer that one is gone the less I miss it...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

618 miles for the whole year is hardly driving it. I would think that you could use it for errands or something to get that over 1000 miles. 

The Reatta's parking spot is the igloo which can be a PITA to get to just for errands.  Its used mostly for cruise-ins and car shows.  With a lot of those canceled during the year, the Reatta didn't get much of my time.  The 2000 Eldorado's parking spot is in the garage which is most convenient to get to for errands and such during Spring/Summer/Fall.  It also gets to attend cruise-ins but considered too young for car shows by most (if it were a Mustang or Corvette then no problem!). The Eldorado gets stored in the garage for the Winter.  So, during Winter we're down to one car, our daily driver the 2014 Caddy ATS All Wheel drive.

I always thought the Reatta came out of the igloo and had a garage spot. So that goes a long way in explaining the miles. Regarding one car, just last night my wife said we could not go down to one car. And I agreed with her.

It would be nice to just have one vehicle but I find that I need three. A lower mileage car for longer trips and hauling friends. (2012 Equinox) A old truck for driving around town and hauling. (2001 GMC pickup) and a toy for driving on weekends in nice weather. (Reatta) It's good to have a garage stall for all of them but I would have no problem leaving the truck outside if I had to.  I have an old boat in a warehouse at my cousin's business but it's not been out in five years. I'd rather drive my Reatta than go to all the trouble of going to get the boat and get it ready to put in the water.

When I was dealing with my ignition issue on the Black, my wife's 2018 Chrysler Pacifica was in for a blown head gasket, so I had no choice but to get the 'vert out and continue to work through the issues on the Black. Otherwise we would have been down to one car.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an extra Sapphire Blue arm rest that I had gotten from a car I helped a guy part out. Sat around for years until this week when I decided to just repaint it to match my tan interior and put in in the Black as that arm rest is in original tan and is perfect. So I scuff sanded it, sprayed it with brake clean to get the dirt and grime out and repainted it. Turned out really nice and I just got done installing it in the Black leaving me a perfect back up for the Red when that day may come. 

• Like 2

Also just got in a PC9 Standard crank sensor for back up inventory. I sometimes think I have more Reatta specific parts then the local parts houses...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Plugging away after ignoring the poor car for over 5 years. New timing set, water pump, cam and crank sensors and oil pressure sender so far.20220122_140140.thumb.jpg.b2637ee62ceb61b2a6ab4eac8407caf2.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, goatman said:

Plugging away after ignoring the poor car for over 5 years. New timing set, water pump, cam and crank sensors and oil pressure sender so far.20220122_140140.thumb.jpg.b2637ee62ceb61b2a6ab4eac8407caf2.jpg

Oh what I would give for a garage that big lol

40 minutes ago, goatman said:

No Goat?🤪  Better late than never on the servicing.

1 hour ago, 2seater said:

No Goat?🤪 

This goatman, Charles McCartney, had plenty of them. He use to come through our county about once a year with his goats pulling this rig.

goatman-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No pontiac goat, 2seater, but that barn was full of dairy goats in years past. Hence the goatman moniker.  I wish it referred to a GTO!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goatman said:

Plugging away after ignoring the poor car for over 5 years.

That garage is just perfect for a lift - or two.

• Agree 2

If that "barn" was full of goats at one time, looks like the concrete cleaned up pretty nicely, or, is that a new concrete overlay?