What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

Gave the Black an oil change and a car wash and off to storage it goes at the end of the garage. The 'vert got all new taillight bulbs [standard 2057 bulbs] and the replacement sequential harness is in. Now a couple more weeks of test driving and then off to Brownsville so I can bring back the Red. Or not, haven't decided if I want the Red for the summer or just drive the 'vert down in February and bring back the Red when I am done for the winter [in Brownsville].

It has been raining here in eastern MA since Friday afternoon (5/28) and not expected to clear up until Memorial Day late afternoon.  So, I just went into the storage igloo to check on my Reatta's status, did a dust off/spray detail/wipe off, clean wheels, and spray hot shine on the tires....boring, boring, boring.  Rain does trump snow, though....I hate snow!  Hopefully, next week will be better weather-wise to drive to local cruise-ins.  

• Like 1

As everyone here knows I drive one or another of my Reattas daily. So last week when I was driving to my church for a volunteer project I am stopped at a T intersection. While I am waiting for traffic to clear for a left hand turn this Red/Tan vert with a tan top comes driving by with a young woman behind the wheel. I wave but she is just looking ahead and doesn't see me. 

Yesterday I am playing Pickle Ball with friends when one of the guy mentions to me that a fellow employee [this same young woman] was just given a Red/Tan convertible from her grandmother who can no longer drive. She told he granddaughter that there were only 50 Reatta convertibles made.

We had a laugh about that...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today I was stopped at a light [with the 'vert, and top was down] when this young girl [junior in High Scholl] and her 3 friends said "Hey I really like your car!". I responded "Thanks". And she then said "Do you want to trade"? I said "No, it took me a life time to get this car". And with that the light changed and we parted ways...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't driven the '91 Reatta much last and this week due to rain on cruise-in days.  This Friday looks no different weather-wise.  Also, my time has been taken up lately with difficulties with my Generac whole-house generator.  Hopefully, with the 3rd technician here yesterday its now fixed.  I have to admit that after 18 years of trouble free performance with a few parts replaced yesterday I can't complain.

Same here ship. Because of weather, heath issues and prior commitments, I've driven my Reatta less this year than I did last year due to Covid 19. The Fall of the year is my favorite time to drive and maybe it will be better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can echo those sentiments. My Reatta remains plugged in to "life support" as my wife calls the battery maintainer. With some of the nice weather being a "hit or miss" I try to enjoy my convertible SSR, and even that usage is less than I would like. 

• Like 2

Did the rear brakes on the 'vert Friday. Didn't have the "block" to turn in the plunger so I used a needle nosed pliers in the notches. It worked well. I also bought the brake pads with the "anti rattle" clips. There were clips already on the car so hopefully I will stay "rattle" free...

• Like 2

My Reatta and my LeSabre both got a bath. 3800 club 😎

IMG_20210705_094740_828.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I've had the 'vert for almost 10 years now and ever since I owned it there was/is a puncture in the driver's side bolster closest to the door. decided to take it to an upholsterer to redo. I have extra head rests [which I use for patch panels so next week it goes in. Nice thing about having all cars with 16 way seats and tan interiors is I can swap on to another. So I swapped out the 16 way look alike passenger seat from the Black and I am still on the road. The 16 way look alike seats are very comfortable , they just don't have all the positions the true 16 ways do.  

I wish I had 16 way seats in my Reatta. Might be more comfortable for a big man like me.

I have perfect 1988 Driver and passenger 16 way tan with suede bolsters if you are interested...

I have replaced the bladder in several seats with the armband from an $11 aneroid sphygmomanometer.

2 hours ago, Padgett said:

I have replaced the bladder in several seats with the armband from an $11 aneroid sphygmomanometer.

aka "blood pressure cuff" 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padgett said:

There is a pretty good tutorial on how to do it here on ROJ if anyone needs to replace the bladder in their seats.

Lumber Support Bladder Replacement

• Like 1

I have 16 way seats in my '91 Reatta but very rarely do I move or adjust them...I'm the only driver.

15 minutes ago, ship said:

I have 16 way seats in my '91 Reatta but very rarely do I move or adjust them...I'm the only driver.

Have you made adjustments to them for more comfort that can't be made on the standard seats?

23 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Have you made adjustments to them for more comfort that can't be made on the standard seats?

No, not really other than the lumbar when my back acts up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1