What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

As I have stated previously I am here in Texas with the Red as the 'vert has electrical issues [brake lights no tail lights] and didn't make the trip.. So as I will be leaving a Reatta down here full time I brought extra parts as well as my "junkin tool bag" to help with any repairs. Good thing, as I have a leak some place on the Teves pump and motor. So today I swapped out the pump/motor with the one I had brought along. I also installed hose clamps on both ends of the cloth hose as I think that is where the leak is coming from, although the hose was in good shape and fit tight. Also brought along 24 ounces of brake fluid.

So pump/motor swapped, then I had to swap the Teves ball as the one that was on the Red is great and the other one was marginal. Made sure the metal line was tight, and as I stated I also installed small hose clamps. I then pumped the brakes until the pedal got hard and added about 6 ounces of brake fluid. Took it for a test drive and brakes worked good and the lights [Amber and Red] turned off as they should. Put a brand new piece of cardboard under the car and will wait to see if a leak occurs. So far it has been 8 hours and no drips. I am going to try not driving the car to see if it stays dry. Don't need the car until Friday so should know for sure.

Ronnie

You've been having more than your share of problems lately Dave. Good thing you keep a lot of parts on hand. Hope you got the leak stopped.

DAVES89

Thanks Ronnie. I believe I overstated the leaking issue. One of the reasons I added so much brake fluid was because when one swaps the pump/motor brake fluid is lost. However I did go out to the car just now and the bottom of the pump is dry, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

The last 10 words above are from a movie... anyone know which one?

• Confused 1
DAVES89

Bill Murray in "Caddyshack"

• Haha 3
DAVES89

It's too Pharr away...

Besides I am downsizing from a high of 5 Reattas.

• Haha 1