THE REATTA LOUNGE

Ronnie

OTOH by dropping over water, they stand a good chance of recovering the payload intact, even deflated a balloon that big would provide a lot of drag. Am sure it was being monitored/jammed from calling home.

• Agree 1

The shootdown would have been a better show if the balloon had been filled with hydrogen like the  Hindenburg. Might make us think twice about shooting one down over a populated area to.

I am sure there is more to this than meets the eye. Undenied rumors that this is not quite the one off event is a bit of a revelation and it has been going on for quite a while. It looks like the major uproar occurred when civilians observed and tracked it, sort of forcing into the open. If true that this is not unprecedented, then it brought back a memory of something a former brother in law said when stationed at Ft.Sill OK, where they specialize in surface to surface missles. I asked about the public highway that ran through the base and he answered "there are some things we want them to see". This was about 35 years ago, but still...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2seater said:

I asked about the public highway that ran through the base and he answered "there are some things we want them to see". This was about 35 years ago, but still...

There is a road that goes by ORNL and Y-12 that use to be open to the public. I drove that road five days a week for six months when I was training to be a machinist at Y-12. They closed it to the public and put up check points with gates and armed guards after the 9-11 attack. It didn't do a lot of good. A few years ago a nun and some of her activist buddies broke through 2 or 3  security fences and painted graffiti near the bomb grade uranium stockpile. That is why the balloon going over Oak Ridge got my attention.

Looks like the US Navy is having difficulty recovering anything major in even 50' of ocean water. If they can't recover, (or if they do and the salt water prevents forensics) the US may as well have downed the spy balloon in the ocean near the Aleutian Islands. If the depth and difficulty there would have likely prevented retrieval anyway, at least the spying over the states could have been nixed. As for the English language on some of the parts retrieved, doesn't everything we buy that is made in China have English language on it?

Maybe I spoke too soon. Looks like they may have located the Spy Balloon object in the Atlantic. But now a new news cycle - another object just shot down near Prudome Bay. What's going on??

1 hour ago, Ron Walker said:

doesn't everything we buy that is made in China have English language on it?

Dearest, it might be quite affirmative. Alternately thoughts is it be mightily able to observe if words are wroten in China 🙂 

As you can see from what I wrote above, I'm getting quite proficient at understanding how to read the owners manuals that come with most electrical devices made in China.

• Haha 1

I am putting this in the lounge rather than a thread. The question was asked about compound boosting a supercharged 3800 with a turbocharger. I don’t have a link but I did stumble over a video on YouTube from Richard Holdener that did exactly that on a series 3. Baseline series 3 s/c engine is 260hp. Add seven psi into the s/c which yields 495hp and 497tq. Guaranteed to disintegrate everything downstream🤔

48 minutes ago, 2seater said:

Guaranteed to disintegrate everything downstream🤔

I agree with that. If you can't put the horsepower to the ground without breaking it doesn't matter how much you have. What they did was interesting but not practical 

Why I have a Judge.

OTOH I take everything that comes out of Washingtoon with a grain of sodium chloride. There is a reason it is called the "puzzle palace". Once upon a time I could just walk into FANX and know many instances where the media was just plain rong.

Agreed. It so easy to put stuff together on a dyno with no thought to fitting in a vehicle. I was definitely not suggesting this as a good idea. I do enjoy seeing what can be done just for grins and a grain of education. This guy doesn't favor one plat form over another so there is something for everyone. Rainy day material🙃

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1989 grey reatta with blue interior and a sunroof. I can’t post any pictures at this moment because she’s covered up outside as there’s no room in my garage. My dad bought it for $900 from a guy who owned a water something company, I forgot, but it drives even though it was sitting for 25 years. I’m new to the forum and my first question would be, should I change the transmission fluid or keep the original. I’m not sure if the fluid has ever been changed and I’ve heard flushing the trans would do more harm than good if it has never been flushed. The CRT screen does not turn on at the moment and I’m wondering if it would be an easy fix or if I should invest in a new one. One more thing I noticed was when I turned the key nothing happened but the security light is on the dash. I had all the lights on just a few minutes before but I didn’t try and start the car and I didn’t look into it as it’s too cold in Wisconsin to do much work on it. The plans I have for my reatta is to make enough power to make the car a little more fun. For example I was thinking about increasing the compression ratio. I’m not sure if it’s practical but I plan on rebuilding the whole engine either way as it has been sitting for over 20 years. One more thing I just remembered is, moisture is building up in the car and water is beading up on the inside of the windshield. My dad thinks it might be the windshield but what do you guys think.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Reatta!

I wouldn't change the trans fluid until you get the other problems sorted out. It would be best if you start a new topic for each problem on the forum. That will avoid confusion when answering your questions.

Thanks Ronnie, and yeah that’s my fault I just put the description of my known problems in the general discussion forum because I don’t have all the details of the current state of the car. When it warms up in my area and I uncover my reatta, I’ll definitely start a thread after I can diagnose and explain my problems better with pictures.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I heard Alex Murdaugh singing this song when he left the courtroom this morning.

On 2/11/2023 at 11:27 AM, 2seater said:

Link to video above and there are lots of them:

I was going to ask why you would want 500 hp in a reatta.  "It would do nothing but turn tires to smoke..." That's when it dawned on me.

Lol, forgive me.  I'm having a slow day.

2 hours ago, CameraGuyLou said:

I was going to ask why you would want 500 hp in a reatta.  "It would do nothing but turn tires to smoke..." That's when it dawned on me.

Lol, forgive me.  I'm having a slow day.

Remember, the "Theory of (insert item here) is; if some is good, more is better and too much is just right". I learned it regarding carburation, but it is really the Theory of Everything😖 I confess I have fleeting visions of combining one of my turbocharger setups with the present supercharger but eventually it passes. I just remembered the intercooler is still in place but not being used with the S/C, Ooh, I had better exit this post now.🤞

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2seater said:

Remember, the "Theory of (insert item here) is; if some is good, more is better and too much is just right". I learned it regarding carburation, but it is really the Theory of Everything😖 I confess I have fleeting visions of combining one of my turbocharger setups with the present supercharger but eventually it passes. I just remembered the intercooler is still in place but not being used with the S/C, Ooh, I had better exit this post now.🤞

I like that theory, lol.