THE REATTA LOUNGE

Ronnie

So I was driving down Midway Road in Menasha [for the benefit of 2seater] when a guy pulled up next to me and gave me a "thumbs up" on my Reatta. I wave d back and shortly pulled into a vacant store's parking lot to do some paperwork. As I was sitting there the guy circled back and said that he wasn't stalking me but wanted to let me know that his grandfather had a Reatta years back and he always liked them. I asked him if it was a 1990 or newer one and he wasn't sure so I showed him some of the features of the touch screen. He was really impressed, so hope I made another friend today...

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter is on a 9 day vacation that I always thought I would take but never did.  After visiting the pyramids and King Tut's Tomb, she boarded a cruise ship for 3 days on the Nile river, stopping along the way to see ancient temples and other interesting places.

Hope you enjoy some of the photos she took.

Pyramid-8.jpg

Pyramid-2.jpg

Pyramid-3.jpg

sphnix-4.jpg

valley of kings-1.jpg

Kom Ombo Temple-1.jpg

Inside King Tut's tomb

king tut-2.jpg

king tut-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Glad you enjoyed the photos. Here are a couple more that she sent me today. Those Egyptians sure did like to carve on rocks.

abu simbel temple-3.jpg

abu simbel temple-5.jpg

abu simbel temple-4.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/11/2023 at 9:24 PM, Ronnie said:

My daughter is on a 9 day vacation that I always thought I would take but never did.

Now I remember why I never took this trip and most likely never will.  She just boarded the plane in Cairo (1:15pm EST my time) and I will pick her up tomorrow in Knoxville at 2:09pm EST. Between 3 different flights and layovers in airports that's over 24 hours to get home from Egypt. I'm too old and don't have enough days left to waste one of them that way. 🙂 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I had a guy do some work on my roof the other day. My roof is so steep I can't even stand up on it. The photo below is a good example of the difference between being under 40, and being over 40. Anyone in their right mind over 40 would never consider doing this. Through experience, they know what the result could be. Young people don't know any better or they just don't care. 🙂 

Roof repair.jpg

• Haha 1

That looks to be a 12/12 pitch, a 45 degree angled roof.  Mine has the same angle.  Even at "before 40" I could never do what that guy is doing.  I am so afraid of heights!

in new igloo1.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well today, Oct 9, 2023, the Reatta went into storage (the igloo).  Put seafoam in the tank, filled it up, detailed the interior and exterior, hooked up the trickle charger, put a cover on it, and said goodby until April 2024.  Drove a whopping 762 miles for 2023!

• Like 2

It seems a bit early to put it away so soon. Not to brag but I put on about 800 miles just last week. Tuesday alone was 420...

• Like 2

I typically put the Reatta away in early October each year.  I will drive the 2000 Eldorado until just before snow arrives.  It too will then go into storage until the following April.  Then with both cars put away, I share our daily driver 2014 Caddy ATS All Wheel Drive turbo with Diane.

• Like 1

I don't think I know anyone around here who stores their cars over the winter without ever getting them out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I don't think I know anyone around here who stores their cars over the winter without ever getting them out.

My Reatta igloo doesn't have a traditional driveway leading to the street.  So, when it snows during the Winter, I don't shovel that area.  I wait until it melts in the Spring.  Also, once the Reatta and Eldorado are put away, I don't start them during storage...just a personal preference.  The Eldorado is put away in my garage.  I do shovel there just in case I need to use it in an emergency.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well Friday, Oct 27, 2023, the 2000 Eldorado went into storage (garage).  Put seafoam in the tank, filled it up, detailed the interior and exterior, hooked up the trickle charger, put a cover on it, and said goodby until April 2024.  Drove 790 miles for 2023!  I plan to attend the 2024 Riviera Owners Assoc Nat'l meet driving the Eldorado.   My objective is to re-visit with old friends even though I don't own a Riv any longer (probably the last ROA meet I will attend).  Road trip will be just under 2000 miles round trip.  Will put new tires on prior since current tires are over 10 years old.  Also, the current tires are previously owned Reatta tires I stuck on when I sold my '91 Polo Green coupe many years ago.  They are actually one size smaller than standard Eldorado tires, but I just couldn't throw them away being a Yankee thrift kinda guy.

• Like 1

'91 Polo green coupe is the one color I would buy. I'm not actively looking but if I fell in my lap at the right price I might get one.

Edited by DAVES89
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

'91 Polo coupe is the one color I would buy. I'm not actively looking but if I feel in my lap at the right price I might get one.

If I could find the elusive Polo Green convertible, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat!  Sure hope Barney doesn't read this....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ship said:

If I could find the elusive Polo Green convertible, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat!  Sure hope Barney doesn't read this....

If my 'vert ever gets a repaint I could paint it that color... But also it's a '90, but it sure would draw some interest!

• Haha 1

I read this morning on the "other forum" that the BCA has invited all Opel owners to participate in the 2024 BCA National meet, Strongsville, OH.  Well, it's about time (IMO)!  Always loved the Opel GT.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ship said:

Always loved the Opel GT.

Me too. I would still like to have a nice one.

• Agree 1