THE REATTA LOUNGE

Ronnie

On 7/6/2023 at 1:52 PM, DAVES89 said:

I'm sitting in a McDonalds waiting for my 1:00 appointment in Oconto, Wi. to appear and so far two different people came up to me to ask about my Reatta.

Our cars are rare and most people have never seen one before...

That's one of the things I'm going to miss when my Reatta is sold. Whenever I've been at a little cruise-in or car show I could always count on someone asking, "What is that?".

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I took a look at East Coast Reatta's web site and it appears that Marck got his inventory of Monroe rear struts in. I wonder how it worked out and I wish him well.

• Agree 2

He and his wife are currently at the BCA National in Spokane.  I hope he updates us on the Monroe outcome when he gets back.

• Like 1

In high school my buddy Kendall had a silver 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner. He sold it when he got married and always wanted another. 

His father in law died about 2 years ago and left his wife a 1970 GTO. While it's a great car he always wanted another Roadrunner. He found one just about exactly what he had, so Kendall and I are off on a road trip week after next to bring it home.

Should be fun and I am looking forward to seeing some old iron again.

Maybe I should go looking for a 1970 Cuda...

One of my buddies had a '69 Z28 Camaro. I loved that car and always wanted one. Nice ones are so expensive now that I'll never get one. I like all the old cars of that time period. Another friend bought a Plymouth 440 GTX new when he got home from Vietnam. It was a much faster car but didn't handle near as well.

Took my 91 Hardtop out again today for a spin around some of the back roads of Eastern Missouri.  This is a fun car to drive.  I see why so many of them for sale have high mileage.

I just took mine for a spin. I agree. They are fun to drive. Some people use them as daily drivers and put a lot of miles on them.  Some people rarely drive them. Mine has mostly been used on the weekends in warm weather but it had quite a few miles on it when I got it so it's not a low mileage car. I don't think I would want one that is so nice I'd be afraid to drive it to keep the miles down.

• Agree 1

I will ask for help here since it isn't an issue, but more of a curiosity. There is a recent thread about coolant temperature for closed loop operation and it seems there is a possible difference depending on year, despite the similar user adjustable programming in the Prom. Everyone can contribute.

Simply start the engine from a cold start, such as overnight. As soon as practical, go into diagnostics and go to ED04, coolant temperature. Note the starting temperature in degrees Celsius, let the engine idle until the closed loop indicator comes on, and again note the temperature. If possible, note the elapsed time between the starting reading and the closed loop indication. This is helpful but not critical. Simple as that.

Not interested in selling my Reatta but I am finalizing a purchase of a 2001 Buick Regal Gran Sport. It has two owners but all the service work was done at the dealership the car was originally purchased from. Ultra low miles [61,xxx] comes with a super charger and sunroof. Not my favorite color [Silver] but looks like it could be a great car.

Back to the service work, the owner[s] followed the service interval perfectly doing anti freeze, power steering, transmission, brake fluids at all the correct miles/age as well as the super charger service and brakes, replacing both front calipers and all 4 window regulators. 

Edited by DAVES89
  • Like 1

Sounds like you are getting a great car. Photos or it didn't happen. 🙂 

All Regals of that vintage [1998-2004] were 4 door cars. I'll PM you the dealer Ronnie, they have 31 pictures as they are a few hundred miles away so I don't have personal pictures that I have taken of my own. I pick it up in about 10 days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Not interested in selling my Reatta but I am finalizing a purchase of a 2001 Buick Regal Gran Sport.

Careful Dave. Once you go 4 door it might be hard to go back. 🙂

6-23-23.jpg

Haven’t been on here for awhile but i got my reatta to run and drive. I changed the spark plugs and wires with some buddy’s, and the engine sounds a lot better. The spark plugs in the back were fun to reach. Still runs rough and shakes at idle. I’m thinking it’s the fuel system needs a clean because it sat for 15 years. I also think i might upgrade the ignition control module to the 1991 L27 ICM and coils. A33CF682-BE74-4945-A990-C3EFC7862C50.thumb.jpeg.3ae91ca713f5a051a78c478fad0c045e.jpeg9FAF76CE-F368-46FC-9AEE-AF22B65C2C9E.thumb.png.f772a8718e2208b4ae938a6a5f2597c4.pngB17B5952-0D8C-4295-ADCE-DA67CF0DD5D0.thumb.jpeg.9130cf18cff6f2829261ee3249165693.jpegC69A64A6-A6C3-4080-9C43-F137827BD20C.thumb.png.570f8a770a41fd9317047a6ab1c06c9b.png

• Like 3

Double and triple check the spark plug routing to the rear cylinders. They have caught many people out, myself included. Very easy to get the two that sort of face each other on in reverse. Looks like it will be a nice ride.

If you get familiar with the diagnostics built in, you can possibly narrow the search for a weak cylinder by using the overrides to turn individual injectors on and off. At the least, listen to each injector with something solid like a piece of tubing or even a large screwdriver touch the injector and put the handle to your ear. You will hear it clicking plainly.

i used the diagram on the forums to route the wires and i’m at work but i’ll double check when i get home. my diagnostic screen doesn’t light up but sometimes there’s a line in the middle. i’m able to press the buttons and switch between screens, but it’d be nice to see what’s on them. is there anyone in wisconsin that would be able to repair it? i’m assuming its fairly easy since it’s older and simpler.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I didn't see anywhere to properly introduce myself so I guess I'll do it here. I'm new to Reattas and the forums.

I recently bought a well used (but running!) 1988 model and am in the process of familiarizing myself with all the Reatta eccentricities. Such neat little cars.

Nice to meet you all. Cheers

• Like 2

Welcome to the Reatta Forum.  Make sure you click on the "How-To-Guides" at the top of the forum page for all kinds of good Reatta info.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ship said:

Welcome to the Reatta Forum.  Make sure you click on the "How-To-Guides" at the top of the forum page for all kinds of good Reatta info.

To be honest, I have been pouring over the How To sections for a few weeks now. I even ordered a headlight repair kit from Barney.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it and find it useful. 

Thanks for hosting the site Ronnie! There is some really great stuff on here.

I've got quite a few things to work on on my Reatta but the leaking CV at the transmission is a big one. Also I have some electrical issues to work out.

Anyone know a good source for repair manuals? Maybe some that don't cost an arm and a leg on ebay. I've done a little looking at internet archive sites hoping to find a free digital copy, but to no avail.