My '89 Reatta is still running rough!

fun car guy

Nope, tried that. they just slip.  Maybe if I grind it to make opposing flat sides.

I have many with different jaws. Smaller one is best for brake bleeds. Must install with lower jaw in front.

I guess no one thought my little joke about drilling a badly damaged bleeder and sliding a nail through the hole funny.  I've tried several things including vise grips to no avail so I think I'll carefully grind two opposing flat sides, continuing to soak it in WD40 and hopefully get it to move.  Otherwise it's a new rear caliper which wouldn't be such a big deal but the "parking brake" relies on hydraulic pressure too, complicating the problem. 

If anyone has a better idea, I'd appreciate it.

What is the problem with the vice grips not grabbing the bleeder so it won't slip. I see no reason why a good set of vice grip shouldn't hold on to the bleeder screw. You can apply a tremendous amount of pressure with vice grips.  Is it in a bad position to get hold of it? Maybe you need a new set of vice grips that will bite in better?

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

What is the problem with the vice grips not grabbing the bleeder so it won't slip. I see no reason why a good set of vice grip shouldn't hold on to the bleeder screw. You can apply a tremendous amount of pressure with vice grips.  Is it in a bad position to get hold of it? Maybe you need a new set of vice grips that will bite in better?

Too true. Real Vise Grips and many clones. My other "go to" is driving a six point socket onto it. PB Blaster, Kroil or some other high quality penetrant first.