Installed new starter still not workin

Youngowner21

1 hour ago, Youngowner21 said:

So do I just jack it up or go through the floor?

Since you are going to be dealing with highly flammable gasoline when changing the filter, I think it would be wise for you to get an experienced mechanic to replace it for you. 

• Agree 2

If you do it yourself, have a fire extinguisher handy and wear a long sleeve shirt with the cuffs buttoned, and rubber gloves.  Gasoline can roll down your arms into your arm pits and that burns for days.

• Like 1

There is a schrader valve on the top of the engine. Depress that so the gas pressure is released. Cuts down on the spray when the filter is removed. be sure to have a rag on top of the schrader valve as well.

• Like 2

Found the fuel filter, now I just don’t know how to get in there like I get the bottom nut but what about the top. Is there a method to this?

0A9AF3EF-B6E4-43AB-AB77-F17C9C24E6A9.jpeg

You need two wrenches, one for the nut on the tube, the other wrench for the one on the bottom of the filter. Unscrew the tube nut. If you twist it  off [and by the picture it looks likely] your local parts house should have a splice in tube. Make sure they have it in inventory so you can finish this project.

Anyway once the tube is disconnected you grasp the filter and turn that off. There is a fixed nut/connector on the top of the filter. You should be able to see what I mean when you look at your new filter before you attempt to take anything apart.

Anytime you are removing tubing fittings use two flare wrenches.  One to hold the fixed nut, and the other on the tube fitting.  Failure to do this may result in the twisting of the tubing causing you more work.  A flare wrench helps prevent the rounding of the nut when the wrench slips off.  You can get the flare wrenches in the crow foot design for use with a ratchet.

Looking at your filter, I would pre soak it with some PB Blaster or some other type of penetrating oil.

Edited by Ohjai
  • Agree 1

My opinion:  buy a new filter, bring it to a local mechanic and tell them, "Take out the old and put in the new".

• 4 weeks later...

Ok changed the filter replaced the line while I was doin it, works good. Now I’m workin on the crt and dash. The dash just won’t light up and the crt works sometimes. Like it’ll have lines on it goin across. Any advice?