THE REATTA LOUNGE

Ronnie

Sometimes people just need a little guidance when working on their cars.

battery install.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

battery install.jpeg

No arcing either!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

battery install.jpeg

No corrosion either👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just today hit 333,200 miles on the Red of which almost exactly 220,000 were put on by me. Bought the Red in December of 2006 for my 50th birthday. Flew to Fort Lauderdale to get it. Bought it from a private party and drove it home. Took the rest of the fly in day and the next to get home. Had my first experience of sleeping in a Reatta with 16 way seats!

• Like 3

Update today on Dave’s odometer reading. And it still looks 👍 

image000001.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks 2seater! Runs great and no warning lights! Everything works as it should too...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today (09/28/2024) I put the '91 Reatta in the igloo for storage 'til April 2025.  I took it to its last cruise-in for the current season yesterday.  Detail it, filled it with gas and seafoam, hooked up the battery tender, and placed the covered on it.  Current mileage is 111019 and continues to run like a top.  Current thinking is that I plan to drive it to the 2025 BCA Nationals in Concord, NC in July.   

2 hours ago, ship said:

Well, today (09/28/2024) I put the '91 Reatta in the igloo for storage 'til April 2025.  I took it to its last cruise-in for the current season yesterday.  Detail it, filled it with gas and seafoam, hooked up the battery tender, and placed the covered on it.  Current mileage is 111019 and continues to run like a top.  Current thinking is that I plan to drive it to the 2025 BCA Nationals in Concord, NC in July.   

Is the weather turning cold already up there the reason for putting it in storage? I'm still waiting for the leaves to begin turning around here. That's my favorite time of year for driving here in TN. 

How many miles did you put on it this year Ship?

I plan on driving the Red about another month or so which will be when it needs an oil change.

Then the Regal full time through the winter.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Is the weather turning cold already up there the reason for putting it in storage? I'm still waiting for the leaves to begin turning around here. That's my favorite time of year for driving here in TN. 

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

How many miles did you put on it this year Ship?

I plan on driving the Red about another month or so which will be when it needs an oil change.

Then the Regal full time through the winter.

Ronnie, the weather has not turned cold yet just ran out of places to drive the Reatta for this year.  I'll switch over to the '00 Eldorado until the snow flies.

Dave, I drove a whopping 453 miles in the Reatta this year!!  I will most likely put a couple thousand next year driving round trip to the BCA Nationals next year along with local stuff.  

Ronnie, are you and your family OK vs. hurricane Helene? 

1 hour ago, ship said:

Ronnie, are you and your family OK vs. hurricane Helene? 

We made it just fine where i live. Not much wind at all and no flooding. Just a lot of steady rain. East of here as you start toward North Carolina is a different story. Don't know if there was much wind but flooding is a real problem in small towns in the mountains as you get closer to NC.

I-40 is blocked in both directions right now. Below are photos my daughter sent me of I-40 near the TN and NC border. The river along there has cut under the pavement and washed all the dirt away. The hillside on the opposite side of the road is a solid rock wall so there is no cutting it down to move the highway over. It will probably be months before that stretch of highway is fully open again. 

I-40NC-2.jpeg

I-40NC-1.jpeg

• Like 1