NOTE: Two different methods were used for accessing the BCM, ECM and CRT trouble codes.
Please select the tab below that applies.
BCM means Body Computer Module - Controls functions like interior lighting, heat and air conditioning.
ECM means Engine Computer Module - Controls the functions of the engine and emission system.
IPC means Instrument Panel Cluster.
- With the key on, engine running or not, go the climate screen on the CRT and press and hold the OFF and WARM buttons at the same time.
- The service engine soon lamp will light and the ECM codes will be listed followed by the BCM codes and then the IPC codes.
- They go by quite fast so you may want to write them down. Any code with a "h" after it will be a code that was current, but is not now, and is listed a "history" code. Any code that does not have an "h" is a current code.
- ECM codes will start with a "e" and then 3 digits, BCM with a "b" etc.
- After the codes are listed the screen will say ECM? This means do you want to diagnose the ECM.
- If there were "e" codes push "yes" if not, push "no" and the screen will go to the BCM?
- If there are ECM codes after pushing "yes" it will ask several questions.
- Keep pushing "no" until the question "ECM code reset" comes up and then push "yes".
- You can go from the ECM to the BCM and then to the IPC and clear any codes.
- You can't hurt anything by doing this procedure and even if you make a mistake simply push "end" or shut off the key and everything will go back to normal.
This information courtesy of Padgett.