New to me 1989 Coupe

89RedCoupe

Ronnie......Funny pic of the Genny on the roof, and AC unit sticking out the window.  Necessity is the mother of invention, and this guy had much necessity, for sure.

89 Red......When you shut the door, is the door panel lining up flush with the body panels?  Im thinking maybe the rear door latch just needs adjusting in so the seal will be better.  Can you tell if the whistling noise is coming from the front edge, middle, or rear of the window?  Another idea is to put some warm mineral oil on the rubber door seal (best on a hot day when it can really soak into the seal).  I find that it tends to let the rubber seal expand a bit, and can make the seal tighter.

Also, when you compare the window to the passenger side, is it actually going all the way up?

I had to replace the window regulator motor and with a bit of trial and error the window top edges fits nicely inside the rubber seal from front to back. It seems like it is forward from the little triangle window area, but I can't pinpoint any obvious gaps at the moment.  To be continued..   Passenger side seems to fit up well and I don't hear the same noises from that side of the car.

89 Red......So, its probably the front seal from the rear view mirror area down to the kick panel.  Maybe inspect that area real good and see if any of the rubber is not sealing.  Mineral oil on a hot day might allow it to expand a bit.

• Like 1