What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

19 hours ago, Top Down said:

Here is a video on cleaning tail lights.   

Does this also work for the front corner lights?

• 2 weeks later...

Advance Auto has a special going on brake calipers. I bought one each right and left front calipers for $45.00 delivered. That includes a $3.00 and $5.00 core which I cannot take advantage of because I am going to store them until needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today I put on the Red in the last 16 years 215,000 miles of my own on top of the 111,000 that were on it when I bought it. So I am up to 326,000 miles. My Reatta has treated me well. I am on the second engine [bought by me] and the third transmission [last one bought by me] but surprisingly other then that I am on the 4th rack and pinion it has been pretty straight forward on repairs. Brake pads/rotors, wheel bearings, tie rods, ball joints, struts, fuel filters, radiators, water pumps, harmonic balancer/ crank sensor and ABS sensor leads.  But the "silver boxes" have served me well as have the IPC and CRT. Interior I did the dash [twice], seats [once]  carpet, visors, ceiling head liner, and drivers inner door panel. It also has been painted with an after market sunroof installed.

Total cost invested with purchase price? Less then $25,000. I spent over $65,000 on cars for my wife in the same time frame and had repairs and replacement parts in her car bringing the total even higher. 

I know there are more smaller parts I bought for the Red, but overall I am very happy with my car and glad I bought a Reatta and hope it continues to serve me well.

• Like 3

Dave, how about the fuel pump, power windows, power antenna, and headlight motors .............?    Those items never last ...............

10 hours ago, Top Down said:

Dave, how about the fuel pump, power windows, power antenna, and headlight motors .............?    Those items never last ...............

I got about 200,000 miles on the first fuel pump and then twice since then. Headlight motors never, the lift kits once. I did have to do the stops a couple of times. Power antenna also was twice. I swapped out the Magnavox coil pack years ago and the Delco failed me once.  

• Thanks 1

About 80,000 miles ago I did the Eldorado rear brake swap. About two weeks ago I got some grinding coming from the rear wheels and figured it was time for rear brakes. So to be sure I ordered rear calipers from Advance Auto [in case the caliper plunger wouldn't retract] and already had  rear rotors and pads in my parts bin. Went to Kendalls to also do a brake flush. Discovered that a pad had delaminated and had disappeared leaving me only the mounting plate. But as long as I was there did pads, both rotors and am keeping one caliper as both rear calipers were in good working order [both sides use the same caliper as one is mounted on the front of the wheel, the other on the back]. As there was about half the pad remaining I probably wouldn't of had to do the brakes at all at 80,000 miles except for the failure of that one pad. Long life due to mostly highway miles and that the front brakes does most of the stopping. And the front pads and rotors were done about a month ago.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 9/29/2023 at 2:09 PM, DAVES89 said:

Today I put on the Red in the last 16 years 215,000 miles of my own on top of the 111,000 that were on it when I bought it. So I am up to 326,000 miles. My Reatta has treated me well. I am on the second engine [bought by me] and the third transmission [last one bought by me] but surprisingly other then that I am on the 4th rack and pinion it has been pretty straight forward on repairs. Brake pads/rotors, wheel bearings, tie rods, ball joints, struts, fuel filters, radiators, water pumps, harmonic balancer/ crank sensor and ABS sensor leads.  But the "silver boxes" have served me well as have the IPC and CRT. Interior I did the dash [twice], seats [once]  carpet, visors, ceiling head liner, and drivers inner door panel. It also has been painted with an after market sunroof installed.

Total cost invested with purchase price? Less then $25,000. I spent over $65,000 on cars for my wife in the same time frame and had repairs and replacement parts in her car bringing the total even higher. 

I know there are more smaller parts I bought for the Red, but overall I am very happy with my car and glad I bought a Reatta and hope it continues to serve me well.

Today turned 327,000 miles. 1000 miles in 10 days...

• Like 5

On 10/9/2023 at 9:12 PM, DAVES89 said:

Today turned 327,000 miles. 1000 miles in 10 days...

327,700 today. Should turn 328,000 by Friday...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bradgardens said:

Today I drove mine home for the first time!  

0728F965-D70A-4B7F-AA20-CBF8B3D5652B.jpeg

Good for you! It looks great. How's it drive? No issues I hope.

On 10/17/2023 at 4:41 PM, DAVES89 said:

327,700 today. Should turn 328,000 by Friday...

Turned 328,000 today. Can take a picture for any non believers...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

Careful Dave. Your going to hurt the value by putting all those miles on your Reatta. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Careful Dave. Your going to hurt the value by putting all those miles on your Reatta. 🙂 

That's funny. My car has never been a "garage queen". I have hauled lawn waste in it, old greasy car parts, 2x4s, water softener salt/wood pellets, etc. It still looks and runs great.

Glad I bought it and still enjoy having it. 

However next week my wife is going to Texas to open our place up and I will then start driving her mini van for the appointments I run which will slow down the miles on the Red. 

13 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

It looks as good as Dave says and definitely better than mine with < half the miles👍

On 10/20/2023 at 7:52 AM, 2seater said:

It looks as good as Dave says and definitely better than mine with < half the miles👍

Thanks for the compliment 2seater. I probably owe you lunch next time for all the kind words.

On another front, sitting on 328,800 as of this morning but because my wife took a vacation I get to use her car so the miles are going to slow way down. I also have been working on my ABS warning light. I tried 2 of the Saab leads and maybe it was that my adapter plate was too thin but no go as the light stayed on. So I swapped in 2 1988 ABS leads [had to cut off the 1988 only mounting brackets] and after an almost 2 year intermittent Amber ABS warning light that had turned permanent, I am now warning light free. 

Everything works as it should on this car, no warning lights, no fluid leaks, starts/stops as it should, looks and runs great.

Just in time to put it away soon...

I'm thinking next year when I get the Red back out I'm going to install the like new 16 way tan leather/suede seats. They have been in my basement for 3 years and I might as well use them. Nothing wrong with the 16 ways I have in the Red, just a different look.

• Like 1

I have 16 ways, also.  They didn't originally come with the car, but some previous owner put them in.  What I don't have hooked up is the vacuum hose for the lumbar support drivers side.  I came undone last year, and I never bothered to reattach it.... just lazy.  It's on my Spring 2024 to-do list along with replacing the directional can.

45 minutes ago, ship said:

I have 16 ways, also.  They didn't originally come with the car, but some previous owner put them in.  What I don't have hooked up is the vacuum hose for the lumbar support drivers side.  I came undone last year, and I never bothered to reattach it.... just lazy.  It's on my Spring 2024 to-do list along with replacing the directional can.

I have the all leather 16 ways for both passenger and driver. But I think I want to try the "1988" look in the Red with the leather/suede.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

By the time I put the Red in storage it will have 200 more miles on it. That means I'll be right at 330,000 miles...

[Put it on this post to bring it back up to the top].

• Like 2