1990 conv. Programmer

Captmike

Yeah i did do that with a over counter choke cable..

I did something similar on a Ranger pickup, which along with it's brother the Explorer of the time were known to twist off the motor end of the temperature control door.  Ran it that way for years, but it was a pain to achieve fine control. Later I found Dorman made a template and kit to cut out the plenum, replace the door and a cover for the hole. So much nicer with full auto control but I certainly understand doing what you have to do  ;)

Good advice above. The stepper motor that operates the temperature blend door is usually very reliable. If you have already disconnected the arm at the lever in the plenum, does the motor now operate when going to full heat or cold?

No dosent move. Vac system seems ok

Rebuild in what manner, or maybe it would be more to ask what doesn't work now? I have replaced the vacuum solenoids with ebay specials several years ago.  They were slightly larger and were added externally.  I will see if I can find the thread over on the BCA. I will try to help if you have something specific.

Circuit board, stepper motor? Etc

It sounds like you have covered all the bases. The motor can be removed and replaced, it just plugs in, but I don't know of a source for the motor alone. Actually it is an assembly with an encoder module as part of the assembly.

I took it out h

Gear is  stripped