Going in storage

DAVES89

The dealer has to be making a killing on parts. If the eBay guy sold the part for $250, after ebay fees he probably netted $200 from the sale. I'm sure he made a profit at $200 so it makes me wonder what the part actually costs them?

I would like to get an idea of how many miles you may put on your cars. Please post your average miles driven per year. thanks!

I have a little bit of story for this year. I was preparing the Reatta and the MOPAR to go in for winter storage. I cleared the space out in the garage, replenished my supply of mouse repellant and poison and bought some fuel stabilizer. I haven't driven the MOPAR since August because of a recall regarding the alternator. Seems it can get overloaded and catch on fire then it shorts out the power cell (battery) in the trunk. Still waiting on Fiat America Chrysler to make the parts available for the recall. Glad I'm retired and don't use it to commute to work! My wife doesn't really like the Reatta so I get to use it sparingly. I gave the F150 one last run through so it would be all set for winter driving. Well it needed work on the 4WD system and  front end. So while the truck was out of commission for a couple of weeks the bride had to bite the bullet and ride in the Reatta. (I can think of a lot of things that are worse!) I plan to detail/ fuel up/ prep and store the two cars after Thanksgiving.

Bottom line after all that is.... The last few years I've only put on less than 500 miles per year. This year (due to the other vehicles being down) the Reatta has added on 3,000 miles to the odometer. It finally hit 188,000 miles last week.

Yes I still have the car and yes she still wants me to sell it.

I'm happy to hear that you still have the Reatta. I'm glad I don't have to do any preparations for winter storage. I just throw a dust cover over it. I start it and drive it every now and then during the winter to keep the battery charged and the oil circulated. I have a little maintenance I want to do over the winter, mostly minor with the exception of changing intake gaskets. I'm lucky that I have an attached garage that is fully insulated and doesen't get very cold in the winter so I can go out and work most any time I feel like it.

I also am glad you have the car. I would keep it "around" as where are you going to have a car as a back up for as cheap as this one. Call it "mold" as it grows on you.

Ronnie, regarding the parts I bought on Ebay they are all G M parts but except for the switch [buick dealer] were bought from "close out" guys. However if I would have bought the same base and seat back heat elements from on line Buick dealers I still would have saved about $100.00.

These parts are a more expensive because this Enclave has both heat and cool elements.

Ron, Dave, Lately my wife has been saying I should donate the car to one of those groups. I told her "No, I refuse to do that. There's a buyer out there for a running roadworthy car." I haven't been trying real hard to sell it either. I put "For sale" signs in the rear window but that's about it. I personally like the car and it's been running good since I put the transmission back in. I haven't been logging into the websites but I do come around and look almost every day. Just that there is not much going on for me with the Reatta. It's running good and I drive it when I get a chance. I've been working at five or six other projects and have been really busy. I love being retired and wonder how I ever had time to have a job and do all these other things. Anyway. I probably wouldn't try too hard to sell the Reatta until the Thunderbird is done and I'm just getting started on the Bird. Unless.... someone suddenly offered me some money for the car then I would let it go. I think it would have to be somebody who knows how to work on them or has a friend who can help them.