Going in storage

DAVES89

This past Monday put the 'vert in storage. Put about 2,500 miles on it this summer.

The Red has 1000 more miles left for this summer then I put it away. That would give me just about 16,000 miles since the engine/transmission swap and about 20,000 overall.

Pretty much fun.

But all is not lost as the Black now gets her turn...

I do. It is the one Reatta that did not cost me anything it maintainence after the purchase price.

Hope it holds it's value...

I would like to get an idea of how many miles you may put on your cars. Please post your average miles driven per year. thanks!

Well at the first of the year when I got the newer one out of storage it had 60,138 miles and as of today it has 60,977 so that is 839 miles.

The other one gets more use and at the beginning of the year it read 178,089 miles and today it reads 180,341 miles so that is 2,252 miles...Quite a bit more.

I do. It is the one Reatta that did not cost me anything it maintainence after the purchase price.

That is great! Do you still drive it often or is it more of a once and a while to keep it maintained?

I'm sorry the "Pewter Model" is a desk top pewter Reatta. Didn't mean to confuse anyone...

I'm sorry the "Pewter Model" is a desk top pewter Reatta. Didn't mean to confuse anyone...

OHHH! That's right I forgot about that one, I remember you mentioned it in a few posts. It's okay I had a good laugh :D 

Thanks Dave

I've got a low maintenance Reatta too that has zero miles on it.  I don't think it will ever have much value other than sentimental value. :)

SAM_3932.thumb.JPG.378bc5364014d85d3a45740fa55a4331.JPG

I forgot that I had one of those too. So now that means I own 5 of them, quite a fleet...

I think your pewter one will only increase in value over time. Do you know how many of them they made?

This year (2017) I did not drive my '91Reatta to any national or regional meet, just local cruise-ins. So, from April (when I took it out of storage) until mid-October (back into storage) I only traveled 567 miles. I had planned to drive it to the BCA WI Nationals (about 2300 miles round trip) but got sick just before the meet and had to forfeit/cancel.

This year (2017) I did not drive my '91Reatta to any national or regional meet, just local cruise-ins.  So, from April (when I took it out of storage) until mid-October (back into storage) I only traveled 567 miles.  I had planned to drive it to the BCA WI Nationals (about 2300 miles round trip) but got sick just before the meet and had to forfeit/cancel.

....I'm preparing for my 3rd. roughly 3,000 mile trip this year. Going to be with my kids for Thanksgiving in Michigan. Just want to say to all, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving oh just a hint.....hide the bathroom scale until February.

I think your pewter one will only increase in value over time. Do you know how many of them they made?

Ronnie I know less then 100 were made, and if I was to pin down a number I would say 60.

BTW thanks for the kind words "over there". It is appreciated.

Ronnie I know less then 100 were made, and if I was to pin down a number I would say 60.

BTW thanks for the kind words "over there". It is appreciated.

You are welcome my friend. I was happy to have the opportunity to post it. You have been a great help to me.

Well Sadly I just put one of the Reatta's in for winter storage last night. I removed the battery and put it on the maintainer and winterized everything else that needed to be done and I swear I saw it frowning at me as I covered her up. I hope this winter goes as fast as this year went, I can't wait for spring already!

Oddly enough, mine went into storage yesterday afternoon as well. Only three tanks of gas used for the whole of the time it was out since June. The plan to swap engines to the higher boost version and replace the A/C compressor remain just that, a plan :( The 3" of snow on the ground just 40 miles north of home, as the crow flies, convinced me I was pressing my luck. Last week temperatures got down into the teens F* and I had the chance to drive the car which reinforced my impression of just how comfortable and well designed the HVAC system is and how well the intercooled turbo likes the cold air :)

The element for my wife's 2010 Buick Enclave heated seats went out so I went on line to get another one. The dealer price [locally] was $450.00[without the console switch] and I went on Ebay and picked up G M parts [with a switch] for $250.00 delivered.

This my wife's car and heated seats are important. High today of 27 degrees.