WABCO Accumulator

heygibb

After failing both ROJ accumulator tests, I installed a new WABCO STC 2784 accumulator in my ’90 coupe. Threading was exact fit. Only mod was to shim up cross brace w/ a couple of large washers at each attachment lug. W/ old accum, I got zero pedal pushes before pump engaged. Now I get 5-6 pedal pushes after system is pressurized. Initial pressurization is ~21 seconds. The fluid level in the reservoir drops 3/8” during pressurization.

I purchased from supplier in England on eBay. I received it in 2 days. Cost was $159.99, delivered.  I contacted MeritorWABCO to verify warranty. It’s good to go. I've had no problems in 3 weeks of use.

CC@AACA forum

Ok. Got my Wabco ball, installed it in 5 minutes, filled fluid resi. turned key to on, pump ran 15 seconds turned key off added more dot 3 fluid. On again pump ran 10 more seconds, shut off. Started car drove 20 ft hit brakes. Perfect, i could hear rear pads scraping on rust for first time in a while. Stopped like new car. 2 miles panic stops flawless.  No need for 650.00 part....no shims for cross bar on my 1990 plastic top.

Ok. Got my Wabco ball, installed it in 5 minutes, filled fluid resi. turned key to on, pump ran 15 seconds turned key off added more dot 3 fluid. On again pump ran 10 more seconds, shut off. Started car drove 20 ft hit brakes. Perfect, i could hear rear pads scraping on rust for first time in a while. Stopped like new car. 2 miles panic stops flawless.  No need for 650.00 part....

You may have overfilled the reservoir. You should pump the brake pedal about 30 times with the key off and then make sure the fluid is on the full mark. The fluid will go down below the full mark when the pump runs. That is normal. Don't add more fluid at that point. Keep us posted on how the Wabco works for you.