Stranded on the side of the road.

Ronnie

A service manual, tools, and spares are not necessarily for the owner. However for the mechanically inept a AAA Premier is well spent.

• Like 1

Ditto on the Road side assistance as I had a fuel pump failure and a water pump failure that required a tow home. Mine is through my insurance company and I made a mistake the first time of letting them call a tow company. 2 hours and no results. So I called on my own and got immediate results. Second time I just called the tow company. Then turned in the bill [claim] after paying the tow company and received immediate payment from my insurance company. 

AAA does pay what they say they will. It took a little time, but my daughter was fully reimbursed today by AAA for what we had to pay ($175) for an out of network tow truck to haul my Reatta home when the CPS went out on it. I'm glad they did because I just recently signed up for the $96 per year "Plus" plan like my daughter has. It covers up to 100 miles of free towing. I might consider getting the Premier plan next year if they offer me a discount for doing so.

I also have the AAA Plus plan.  I like the fact that if you have to contact them, you get to talk to an actual real person!

If I remember correctly, they will pay up to 3 tows per year.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:18 AM, Ronnie said:

Welcome to the forum! Sad to hear that. I hope the problem is something simple and cheap to fix. Let us know what happened.

I got my car back Sunday.  It was the Crankshaft Sensor that was bad.  He replaced it and it runs great now.  🙂

• Like 1