Reatta service manuals in digital format

Philbo

Yes I have One Note for Windows 10. Will check for later. Am downloading the vesion you linked. "Doesn't expire - use OneNote for as long as you like" my kind of app.

Now have gotten to 1. How do I get to 2 ? It does not seem to want to open a .pdf or jpg, keep getting "This file does not appear to be a OneNote file".

Ok, suddenly it appeared in one note. Not sure why but is set to text - searchable. Export as .pdf - get .pdf. But searches fail. Wonder if need to take offline  - Ronnie ?

4 minutes ago, Padgett said:

Wonder if need to take offline  - Ronnie ?

A little off topic but no problem. I find it interesting. Maybe others do.  Can be deleted later if needed.

OK here is what I have. Started with a scanned .pdf (88 Diagnostics .pdf, 16 pages). Exported as a .pdf. Seach does not find "1988".88onenote.jpg.7b901626e307dcb688bf5103d396c44d.jpgmakesearch.jpg.34db46191985c1270c71ed48f24854c6.jpg88nofind.jpg.2b3d602ee8edaceeae446363c42a3684.jpg

I thought you had to do the search in One Note. It looks like you are doing it in Adobe in the photos you posted.

Unfortunately I think the searchability of it will only remain in OneNote as it is something that is inherent in the search function algorithm and not the image/document itself.  I believe that if you export back to pdf it will go back to an unsearchable image (unless Adobe figures out how to search text in photos in their search algorithm).

That said, I was doing a little testing and once I made the image searchable in the desktop app, it suddenly became searchable as well on the mobile app.  Therefore it is feasible to have a searchable digital copy on your phone, you just have to do it through One note.

One note now is a cloud based system so anything you change/add on your desktop will reflect in the mobile app next time you pull it up on there.

Edited by Philbo

Well another fine mess. Yes, can search in One Note. Be nice if could export in something else. Be even nicer when I figure out how to save as a file. (keep getting a blank page).

And just to make matters worse, "somehow" I opened a .pdf in OneNote. Have never been able again. Try "Print to OneNote" and "open with OneNote" but nothing works, it just creates a .prn file or nothing is there. How do you open a .pdf in OneNote. Can open through Firefox but is rotated. Will get this.