My search for better performance

2seater

1 hour ago, Padgett said:

All Windows tabs that I know of have USB connections.

Thanks. I did do a little looking around and found that info. as well🙄 I actually found decent prices on refurbished Microsoft Surface tablets, which was a surprise. Not that I am a fan, but they are generally thin and lightweight, a little over a pound. I prefer a full sized USB for various reasons. Other suggestions welcome. 

Also Amazon has USB adapters (Type A - full size) for anything you can think of, from RS-232 (serial) to Centronix (parallel), to RJ45 (LAN) to HDMI or VGA. When looking for a tab I suggest also a quad-core cpu, min 8 GB of RAM (or expandable - some aren't), at least 48GB* (64GB is better) SDD, and a SD card slot.

See also here. A bit out of date but still valid.

*- can run windows 10 in 32 GB but upgrades can be a royal pain.

Edited by Padgett

Also Amazon has USB adapters (Type A - full size) for anything you can think of, from RS-232 (serial) to Centronix (parallel), to RJ45 (LAN) to HDMI or VGA. When looking for a tab I suggest also a quad-core cpu, min 8 GB of RAM (or expandable - some aren't), at least 48GB* (64GB is better) SDD, and a SD card slot.

See also here. A bit out of date but still valid.

*- can run windows 10 in 32 GB but upgrades can be a royal pain.

Thanks, more than I needed to know😲 Just considering at this point. The tablet is mostly for convenience in the car. Touchscreens are a mixed blessing for me. My lack of depth perception and a moving vehicle are not the best combination. I still use a mouse when I can for more precise control if not speed. That doesn't play real well in a car either🙃 Thanks again

well there are thought based controls but you have to be able to think in Russian.

You is jus too much🥸

3 hours ago, Padgett said:

Firefox. Strange movie. Fist half is verging on MA, second half is PG.

Eastwood

Just a comment on a subject I broached earlier this year regarding possible boost and torque converter lockup at low rpm in rolling terrain. After investigating the tip from Ryan about the lookup file in the chip programming, I found that it actually adds timing with the TCC engaged, under certain conditions, something I probably don't want. It would be preferable to alter a program rather than a separate intervention where possible.

I know this subject has wandered about but thinking about a tablet for recording convenience, what I could use alternatively is the laptop I use daily. It is a convertible model that has a tablet mode built in. It is a little larger and heavier than I prefer in the car, but I already own it, it has the software already loaded, most of the Windows 10 tablet seem to be fairly large too, and what I really need is a solid mount for what I have.  It is about 8.5" x 13"

Any windows device will work, I just find an 8" tablet easiest to fasten to the dash.

• Thanks 1