Headlights

jon L

I broke something.  My headlights come on, but the doors don't open.

HELP, What did I break?

You ask for help and then you disappear without as much as a reply when someone asks you a question. I'm not playing your games anymore. Good luck with fixing your lights.

• Agree 1

Thank you very much for your attitude. I asked on fri. it's now sunday.

I guess I should have replied even though I haven't had a chance to work on it

over the weekend.  Sorry for asking and not replying immediately.

Hi Jon,

I went back and read all your posts on this web site and you are correct in that you have been very helpful and well behaved. Maybe you caught Ronnie on a bad day.  You have been given a couple of suggestions, please let us know what works. Thanks!

What test did you run? Or did you do like I would have done? That is just swap in a replacement that you know was good...

Jon, I apologize for what I said. Dave is right. I was having a bad day but that's no excuse.  I shouldn't have been so rude.

The thing is, you came here and said, "...HELP, What did I break?".  To me that meant "my headlights won't work and I need help NOW!".  Within just a few minutes Dave promptly replied and made a good suggestion that the problem might be the module. You didn't reply.  Then I asked my question in an attempt to lead you down a path to help you troubleshoot the problem. You didn't even acknowledge that I had asked a question.  Dave was offering his help based on past experience and I was offering my troubleshooting skills and you didn't say a word even though you had visited the forum several times. After several hours had passed that did aggravate me. Maybe it shouldn't have but it did. Although you didn't have time to work on your car, couldn't you have taken the time too say something like, "I'll check it out" or "Thanks guys", just to acknowledge our offer to help?

I'm happy that Dave was able to steer you in the right direction and the module fixed your problem.

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Jon, I apologize for what I said. Dave is right. I was having a bad day but that's no excuse.  I shouldn't have been so rude.

The thing is, you came here and said, "...HELP, What did I break?".  To me that meant "my headlights won't work and I need help NOW!".  Within just a few minutes Dave promptly replied and made a good suggestion that the problem might be the module. You didn't reply.  Then I asked my question in an attempt to lead you down a path to help you troubleshoot the problem. You didn't even acknowledge that I had asked a question.  Dave was offering his help based on past experience and I was offering my troubleshooting skills and you didn't say a word even though you had visited the forum several times. After several hours had passed that did aggravate me. Maybe it shouldn't have but it did. Although you didn't have time to work on your car, couldn't you have taken the time too say something like, "I'll check it out" or "Thanks guys", just to acknowledge our offer to help?

I'm happy that Dave was able to steer you in the right direction and the module fixed your problem.

Ronnie, I am sorry but I will have to make a notation in your personnel file. One more negative notation will result in a reduction in your forum wages...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

One more negative notation will result in a reduction in your forum wages...

• Haha 1

Dave, I just took your advice and replaced the module.

Thanks again for the input.