Saving Reattas from the crusher is a family project.

2seater

Would it be possible for me to remove the nut, washer and rubber bumper from the end of the rod on my car and tell if there is excessive wear where the rod moves in the subframe when the brakes are applied?

58 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Would it be possible for me to remove the nut, washer and rubber bumper from the end of the rod on my car and tell if there is excessive wear where the rod moves in the subframe when the brakes are applied?

I think so. The photo is the end view of the one that broke and the wear point appears to be pretty much all in the area between the bushings.A8149D65-10F2-4F41-A341-317E79012511.thumb.jpeg.40186dd5db6f697756265a4d08eb75c6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Here we are almost a year later, blower fan for the HVAC system exploded, literally. Everything has been operating normally, but today on the way to the cottage for a visit, the fan itself fractured and scattered pieces into the plenum near the evaporator. The motor is fine but the only thing left is the  disc that the fins attach to. It also broke the part of the plenum that strips the air from the fan but not much can be done about that. It will reduce fan efficiency some but not much can be done. No blowers available locally that include the fan itself so Amazon will supply on Monday.

This car received new headlight up stops last week too,

Edited by 2seater

Wow! That's the first time I have ever heard of that happening. I hope it will work out well. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Wow! That's the first time I have ever heard of that happening. I hope it will work out well. 

10-4 on that. Only part left was the hub and part of the disc. Another part that isn't stocked anywhere although the motor was available. Kinda speaks to the rare nature even though used on Billions and Billions of GM cars. (thank you Carl Sagan)🙂

• Like 1