Replacement radio speakers for 1989 Reatta

Posti

The front speakers in my 89 Reatta are shot and the back ones are probably not so great after 27 years.  I will be replacing the passenger door panel soon and would like to get the speakers replaced at the same time.  eBay has a number of  'upgrade kits' listed for our cars.  Does anyone have experience with replacement speakers?  I could not find anything in the forums or in the Reatta Store.  I'm looking at the $119 set of speakers listed for 88-89 Reattas.

When I replaced my speakers I didn't know what to use so I used stock speakers.

I've followed the subject of speakers for the Reatta for some time and noticed the Infinity Kappa's are the speaker of choice for many Reatta owners. They are usually in the Reatta Store but are currently not shown as being in stock. I'll have to check on that but I don't have time right now. You might find them on Amazon if you search.  About $70 for a pair.

Be sure you don't eliminate the stock tweeters and crossover for it. They usually don't go bad. They keep the sound up closer to ear level. The crossover looks like a knot in the wires.

I have Infinity Kappas in both the Black and the 'vert. The Red has "no Name" speakers in it. I believe the Red's radio module has been rebuilt as the sound is much better then the other two. Especially when I have my Kicker powered amp in it.

BTW an amp is a great way to go. It was recomended sometime ago to try the Kicker powered amp as it was an easy wire in and a good value for the price. I liked it so much I bought two more harnesses and wired all the cars. I can then move the amp from car to car and just plug and play.

Several years ago I replaced the small green capacitors in my radio module to stop the pops and clicks they were causing. After doing that, and replacing the door speakers with stock ones, I thought my radio sounded pretty good. Probably not as good as Kappas but as good I expected from stock speakers from AutoZone. I noticed this summer that my radio doesn't sound as good as it once did. I don't have any static or popping and clicking. It just sounds a little dull. I might be due for a module rebuild or replacement.