Post Your Favorite Buick Reatta Videos

Ronnie

• Ronnie changed the title to Post Your Favorite Buick Reatta Videos
  • 3 months later...

Maybe he worked on supercharged Reattas? Hope he does an exclusive Reatta video in the future

Now I know why Bertimus said skip to 16:00. I overlooked his comment and thought the Car Wizard was never going to comment on the Reatta. However, aside from the misstatement regarding horsepower, he lumped all 4 years of the Reatta into one segment when he commented about the CRT in the dash. I believe only the '88 and '89 had the CRT

Actually, the first YouTube I've viewed posted by the Car Wizard. The preliminary 10 or so minutes contained a good checklist to consider prior to purchasing a used vehicle. I'll probably watch more of his offerings. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ron Walker said:

Now I know why Bertimus said skip to 16:00. I overlooked his comment and thought the Car Wizard was never going to comment on the Reatta. However, aside from the misstatement regarding horsepower, he lumped all 4 years of the Reatta into one segment when he commented about the CRT in the dash. I believe only the '88 and '89 had the CRT

Actually, the first YouTube I've viewed posted by the Car Wizard. The preliminary 10 or so minutes contained a good checklist to consider prior to purchasing a used vehicle. I'll probably watch more of his offerings. 

I agree, overall I enjoy his videos. I recommend to check out his video on the 3800 engine, I posted the link above!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He must have been getting confused with the series 2 3800.  I think it was like 210 naturally asperated, and 240 supercharged. I think about 270hp would be right about perfect for a reatta.  Although, to be honest, I don't dislike how it drives with the stock engine. It's not a power house by any means, but decent low end torque and how fast can you go safely/legally on public roads anyway?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/3/2021 at 5:31 PM, Bertimus said:

I really enjoyed his video on the 3800 as well: 

https://youtu.be/rK9Y-a1-6JU

Overall a good video. I know it wasn’t a detailed engineering video but I was a bit surprised he didn’t mention the major change with the advent of the Series II, the deck height was reduced one inch. This makes the Series II physically smaller and lighter. There were other changes to be sure, which taken together make almost everything on a Series II incompatible with previous generations. Maybe picking a nit but it was an important change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Buick Graphic Control Center In-Depth Look

This is a great video that describes most of the functions of the CRT. The same guy also did a shorter video about the Reatta CRT where he tells about some other functions of the CRT. I posted it earlier in this thread.
Thanks to 2seater for finding this video.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I enjoyed the video shared by Bertimus. The Reatta shown is, indeed, an amazing specimen. I'm partial to the Claret Red color and the repaint appears to be professionally done. My only critical comment is that the person who prepared the video didn't seem to deploy the same level of attention to the interior as obviously is the case with the exterior.  I know this is a vehicle with over 117K miles, so the use of the CRT is apparent, though pocked and marked more than others of the same use, but dust on the air vents? Why not use a little more interior detailing?  The glass and engine compartment seems impeccably cleaned. Overall I enjoyed the video including the "whine" of the supercharger during limited road test.

• Agree 2

Overall, good video. No doubt the interior could have used the same detail as under the hood but I guess that's picking nits. I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like a Series II s/c engine. The injectors are in the lower intake manifold and they were moved to the head on the Series II due to the larger and wider supercharger. That doesn't take away from the quality of the install, and I too enjoy the sound. My turbocharger has a different sort of whistle to it but I hope I get a sound like on the video when I get the S/C engine done. I appreciate seeing it.

• Like 1

1990 Reatta Features - Dealer VHS

I like this video because it describes the differences between earily model Reattas and the latter models.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Another Buick/Reatta commercial. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This Youtuber just bought a Reatta. He does some cool mashups with old content and new content. I also like his Oldsmobile video "There's a special feel in an Oldsmobile."

Edited by BlakesReatta
  • Like 2

new video from Hagerty, guy has like 20 reattas just sitting. Maybe someone should hit him up.