cruise control

jlbsam

Wow, just read Ronnie's post about getting a different car and the future of this website. I sort of get where he is coming from. My question today has to do with the cruise control. My mechanic said I needed a new CC servo, so that got installed, but the CC still does not work. Also, the ABS light is on, but the brakes work fine. I bet the CC not working has something to do with the ABS. Can anyone enlighten me on what I need to fix? Thanks.

Have you checked diagnostics to see if any codes are stored? That might give a clue to what is going on with the cruise not working. Most cruse control problems can be traced to a vacuum problem.

jlbsam - Like Ronnie said I would check the codes. Look at the tutorials on how to do this for the ABS codes on the 90' year this will tell you what and where the issue is.

Yeah our cruise controls are Vacuum controlled so look for a leak or broken hose. Also fuses and if everything checks out you might have a bad blinker stick which as you know houses the CC switch. In rare instances I have seen them come disconnected inside the steering column.

Also there are several posts on the ABS light but to reiterate; the ABS sensor leads on the front are very susceptible to damage from road debris. So if your light is on it most likely due to a frayed or broken sensor lead. If the fronts are in good condition then check the rear ones but they usually better protected.