Radio Antenna Coax lead removal

Posti

I am trying to replace the power antenna unit in my 88 Reatta and can't figure out how to get the coax lead connection in the trunk apart.  Is there a trick?  I don't want to damage it.  I am referring to the metal tube connector between the antenna lead and the car's radio antenna lead.  Thanks!

I replaced mine when Dave was here a couple of years ago. I don't remember anything but unplugging it. I could have took a couple of screws loose. Maybe Dave (DAVES89) will remember how to do it. Below are couple of photos of my old antenna that might help you.

antenna-1.thumb.JPG.ac157c6b8772e0d7c88bab14549efd50.JPG

antenna-2.thumb.JPG.003ced8c3e7c2cd5c8a55970614640e6.JPG

I replaced mine a while back and remember the metal sheathing at the end of the cable was secured by flanges on two sides that simply need to be depressed. If it is hard to pull loose, expect it. You're working on a part 25 years old.

If you are replacing the part then just cut the cable above the connection. This will give you more room to work on separating the plug.

I can't remember exactly how it comes apart other then pulling it. If anyone else knows they can chime in.

As it turned out, I was able to remove the lead at the antenna shaft - held on by two phillips screws. Swapped out antennas and it works great!