What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

On 8/11/2022 at 2:51 PM, DAVES89 said:

I have been looking at blind spot mirrors for the Red. I have decided on the Utopicar brand. They are a frameless mirror. If I don't like the look I'lkl put them on the Black and continue my search.

I'm getting tired of looking over my shoulder for cars in my blind spot.

I'm two days in to my use of the "Utopicar" Model #BSM-017 Blind Spot Mirror found on Amazon. They are made of glass and somewhat rectangular, but frameless with rounded edges that actually do a nice job of matching the curvature of the Reatta mirror.

They are also on you tube so you can get a look of them installed on cars. 

I really like them, they look like they belong and I can see so much better. 

Definitely a keeper...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave’s mirror. We were at Culver’s for lunch and I snapped a pic or two.D22C8DFD-C78E-4832-8174-4358F782CC83.thumb.jpeg.9fe3ee24e9ff8e050a4c9a2a0c5aaf54.jpeg3822E7AD-2CC5-4898-819A-0C9A6983A239.thumb.jpeg.4fcfdd4ee63be1ccc3444620a138a360.jpeg

• Like 1

Seems to fit the curvature if the mirror pretty well.  I'll get one next time I order from Amazon.

33 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Seems to fit the curvature if the mirror pretty well.  I'll get one next time I order from Amazon.

You won't regret it. It actually looks better then the picture [not that 2seater takes a bad picture].

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:24 AM, DAVES89 said:

I'm two days in to my use of the "Utopicar" Model #BSM-017 Blind Spot Mirror found on Amazon.

You must have got the last ones Dave. I can't find them on Amazon for some reason.

33 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

You must have got the last ones Dave. I can't find them on Amazon for some reason.

Never mind. I found it.

I need two more sets. I'm putting them on my Christmas list.

I did. It helps a little on the passenger side but the big gain is the drivers side. Already I have stopped with the "over the left shoulder look" for any cars.

If you guys get them, be sure to give your opinion...

I'm just now going out to wash my car [with car wash rather then just a rinse wash] to see how the mounting tape holds up.

Edited by DAVES89
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just came in. Mounting adhesive is holding fine. Looks like a winner [no pun intended]!

• Like 2

I bought a pair of the Utopicar blind spot mirrors model BSM-017 for each of my cars.  All 3 pair were delivered yesterday in 1 envelope.  I plan to install them today (8/24).  Dave, thanks for letting us know about the mirrors.

Looking forward to your opinion Ship. I think it will be an even bigger benefit on the 'verts.

The directions say to mount it with the bottom edge level for best visibility, but I preferred the slight angle following the contour of the mirror.

I think they're great, and I too ran them on the outside edge along the contour of the mirrors at a slight angle on all 3 cars.  Don't know if I really need them on the passenger side, but I put them on anyway (except on the Eldorado).

Thanks for the endorsement Ship! Hope you like them as much as I do. 

Ronnie you will be impressed by the look and how they work.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Ronnie you will be impressed by the look and how they work.

I think I will like them. They are a lot like the spot mirrors that came from the factory on my Equinox mirrors that are about the same size as the Reatta mirrors.. They are in the same place and have a similar shape. They work well. Looks like the spot mirrors from Amazon are a little bigger and may work even better.

When I was taking this photo I realized the mirrors on this car are heated. I didn't know it and never needed it.

SAM_4471.JPG

• Like 1

On a different topic I developed a crack in my dash ( this a replacement dash) and a Dr Vinyl guy is repairing it. He put a patch on it and blended a putty on it to match the texture and is now blending the paint to match. It really looks great.

He tells me that it was repaired once before in the same spot which is why he put a patch on it. The original dash to this car also cracked there which is why I replaced it.

This is a Florida car which might have accounted for the first dash cracking, but now this second one?

Anyone else with dash cracking?

Mine was a Florida car and the plastic piece that holds the defrost grate was cracked on my car when I bought it. I ordered a replacement from Jim Finn and replaced it. One thing I noticed about where it cracked was along the spots where the brackets go into the dash to secure it. I think that when the car heats up and cools down the dash goes further into the bracket and eventually cracks from the stress of the temperature change and pressure from being in those slots. Mine was mostly cracked on the passenger side. The tabs are a pain and then some to remove and get the thing out.

Be careful replacing it. I damaged the soft touch spot of my dash from pulling out the hard plastic piece. It isn't noticeable from the driver's or passenger's seats but one of those little things that irks me knowing it's there.

Edited by BlakesReatta