Jump to content

Post Your Favorite Buick Reatta Photos


Recommended Posts

Hi all good to be back, I have been working on my 89 , making Rita (name I call her) she is all show! no go! LOL

I mentioned to Ron I took her out, for a ride, ran great ! but the key stuck in the forward position, got the key out , but it's stuck in on, has that happened to any of the members?

IMG_5508.jpg

IMG_5509.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronnie
13 hours ago, bghere said:

I mentioned to Ron I took her out, for a ride, ran great ! but the key stuck in the forward position, got the key out , but it's stuck in on, has that happened to any of the members?

You should start a new topic for this to get more attention. Maybe someone has had the same problem and will be able to help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
DAVES89

I would guess that the rack is broke on the bottom of the steering column. I good friend of mine had all the tools. I did have to remove the column for him and as parts are rare, I went out to the local you pick and pulled a column out of another Reatta for him to use.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Ron Walker

Opened the post to view the photos of some mighty fine looking Reattas. Ronnie's red one is a standout (so is his landscape choices).

However, noticed the post about the key issue. My '89 had an issue (maybe not the same as bghere), but the key was sometimes hard to turn in the ignition. And, if it didn't turn, the trans would not move out of Park. My dealer replaced the ignition lock cylinder with new keys included. Cost (in July 2016) was $139 - $51 for the cylinder and balance for labor.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
Ronnie

I really like white Reattas!

 

91121431990007.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
wrenchrod

Here is pic of 88 I just bought new on here trying to fig it out

 

16183226045406375906708543544394.thumb.jpg.81ef1ced1868df5b80f14032e9fc8d4c.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronnie

Welcome to the forum wrenchrod! Nice looking Reatta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
buggzy

I got my 1990 Reatta today. It drives really well, no rust, and fairly low miles (77k) The only problem it has with it currently is the left turn signal doesn't blink, it just constantly shines so I had to keep flicking the signal on and off. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? Anyway, i'm happy to be apart of the community. Cheers!

image0.thumb.jpg.5ed3c0f1ba0feef8b55d37c4bc3355b3.jpgimage1.thumb.jpg.3d7a7a108a9581bcfd9a75a0e99c1685.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
DAVES89
32 minutes ago, buggzy said:

I got my 1990 Reatta today. It drives really well, no rust, and fairly low miles (77k) The only problem it has with it currently is the left turn signal doesn't blink, it just constantly shines so I had to keep flicking the signal on and off. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? Anyway, i'm happy to be apart of the community. Cheers!

image0.thumb.jpg.5ed3c0f1ba0feef8b55d37c4bc3355b3.jpgimage1.thumb.jpg.3d7a7a108a9581bcfd9a75a0e99c1685.jpg

It probably is your "Flasher". It is a round "can" located behind the dash on the passenger side of your steering column. Hard to get to. Best advice is to turn on the directional that works and reach up and feel for the clicking can. That is the one to replace. There are two can. The other is for the emergency flashers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
buggzy
1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

It probably is your "Flasher". It is a round "can" located behind the dash on the passenger side of your steering column. Hard to get to. Best advice is to turn on the directional that works and reach up and feel for the clicking can. That is the one to replace. There are two can. The other is for the emergency flashers. 

Thanks! I'll look into it tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronnie
3 hours ago, buggzy said:

Anyway, i'm happy to be apart of the community. Cheers!

Nice looking car. Glad to have you here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...