How many pounds of R-12 freon does the Reatta hold?=Not 134A

ski.dive

I can't be too much help to you because I don't fill mine with a certain amount by weight. I put a gauge on the low side fitting and with the car running, put Freon in until the gauge reads in the correct range and the air is cold. At that point on a hot day the compressor should stay running without hardly ever cycling off if you have the windows down (which is the way it should be when you're adding Freon).  To do that you are probably looking at between one or two cans of Freon of you are getting a low pressure warning on the dash. A lot of it depends on how hot it is outside.

I put 2 cans of R12 freon yesterday.

I hope its not too much, I do not have a gauge to measure it.

There should be a label under the hood on the radiator header that states the amount of r12? Usually the cans are 12oz. so you added a pound and a half. Was the system operational prior to adding the freon?

Is the air getting cold? Can you tell if the compressor is kicking in and out a lot?

I think I should have only put one can in, NOT 2 cans, after getting the LOW refrigerant warning :huh:

Too much freon is worse then too little. Total system takes 2 3/4 pounds. There is a tutorial of how to use the CRT to get an indication of where you are with pressure.