Taylor ThunderVolt Spark plug wires

Dfk88

I was just wondering if anyone here had ever used these, I’m getting ready to do the could wires and plugs all at once and these were the wires I was considering

I have not used them, but is a good brand name. From a quick search, it looks like they are available in more than one diameter so check the size that will fit in the stock wire looms, especially the front one attached to the valve cover or you could go custom.

I've never used that brand but when they list "Increased horsepower and Significant torque gains" in the product description it throws up a red flag for me. The cheapest price for them I saw was over 40 bucks. I'm an ACDelco man myself and at about half the price of the wires you're looking at I think it's a no brainier for me. ACDelco 626B Spark Plug Wire Kit

I've never used that brand but when they list "Increased horsepower and Significant torque gains" in the product description it throws up a red flag for me. The cheapest price for them I saw was over 40 bucks. I'm an ACDelco man myself and at about half the price of the wires you're looking at I think it's a no brainier for me. ACDelco 626B Spark Plug Wire Kit

Thanks for the recommendation Ronnie! Could you also point me in the right direction for the best spark plugs for the Reatta? I’m willing to spend a little extra on platinum or iridium

Just my $0.02. There is nothing wrong with the stock replacement wires and the price is right, they last for years. That said, in the interest of full disclosure, I use Accel Extreme 9000 wires because of my boosted engine and no heat shields on my ceramic coated manifolds. On the other end of the spectrum, I use plain old Autolite copper core plugs, which seem to work well on the boosted engine and I am in the engine regularly. I know many have reported good results with the AC Rapid Fire plugs. I feel it's not my place to dis anyones opinion, only mention my personal experience.

Thanks for the recommendation Ronnie! Could you also point me in the right direction for the best spark plugs for the Reatta? I’m willing to spend a little extra on platinum or iridium

There are so many choices in spark plugs that it's almost a personal preference when it comes to selecting them. I like to stick with the basic, name brand plugs.  I would stay away from the fancy ones that claim to give extra power and performance. I have the ACDelco 14 Rapidfire Spark Plugs in my Reatta and that's what I would choose again.

There are so many choices in spark plugs that it's almost a personal preference when it comes to selecting them. I like to stick with the basic, name brand plugs.  I would stay away from the fancy ones that claim to give extra power and performance. I have the ACDelco 14 Rapidfire Spark Plugs in my Reatta and that's what I would choose again.

I agree with Ronnie 100%. The only place I use platinum or other plugs is in a vehicle that came with them to start with or they are a real stinker to change. My Subaru uses Iridium plugs, and I stuck them due to the extreme difficulty and cost to change them. As an aside: I have tried different plug types when checking for spark and have never cared for the thin ropy spark from something like a fine wire platinum vs the fatter looking spark from a conventional plug. Old school maybe :)