Headlight issue

Quantonium

I am having problems diagnosing a headlight issue. The passenger side headlight bucket will not raise up without first turning the knob to manually raise the light. I don't have to raise it up manually I just have to loosen it up like it is over tightened when it lowered down. The motor otherwise functions fine. The wires look to be intact and are routed correctly I believe. The bushings were replaced recently but not right before this issue started. Is there some type of misalignment with the mechanics I should be looking for? What would cause the assembly to seemingly over snug itself when it goes down?

What sort of shape were the crank arms in ? If the hole where it rotates the light assembly is hogged out it may be going over-center and binding. Is there considerable slop in the system if you manually open the light partially and then try moving the light assembly itself to see how much free-play there is. Some movement is normal but not several inches of movement. With the light partially open, push and pull on the manual knob. There should be a little end play, maybe up to an 1/8" or so.

Take a look at the headlight tutorials in the How To guides on this forum. Lots of good info.

What sort of shape were the crank arms in ? If the hole where it rotates the light assembly is hogged out it may be going over-center and binding. Is there considerable slop in the system if you manually open the light partially and then try moving the light assembly itself to see how much free-play there is. Some movement is normal but not several inches of movement. With the light partially open, push and pull on the manual knob. There should be a little end play, maybe up to an 1/8" or so.

Take a look at the headlight tutorials in the How To guides on this forum. Lots of good info.

2seater, I hope you don't mind me chiming in but there are also adjustments that can be made to the stops on the doors. When standing in front of the car the stop adjustments will be located on the outer left of the left and outer right on the right. I found mine had been dislodged (plastic nut with a metal screw) and had to remove the door covers to repair. Also on the actuation arm of the motor there is a rubber sleeve that slides over the arm that could have dried out and fell off, it cushions the fast action of the doors when open or close this could cause over centering.

2seater, I hope you don't mind me chiming in but there are also adjustments that can be made to the stops on the doors. When standing in front of the car the stop adjustments will be located on the outer left of the left and outer right on the right. I found mine had been dislodged (plastic nut with a metal screw) and had to remove the door covers to repair. Also on the actuation arm of the motor there is a rubber sleeve that slides over the arm that could have dried out and fell off, it cushions the fast action of the doors when open or close this could cause over centering.

Heck no, the more the merrier. No doubt there are other areas to look at that I have never encountered.