Front turn signal lamp

harry yarnell

Agreed! Plus you can clean out all the dirt that has accumulated in that area and around the wires. It also gives you a chance to inspect the wiring for cracks and to put more Tape/wire wrap around everything to protect it from moisture.

I'll get to it today.

Probably removing the turn bulb only from underneath.

I'm getting old and it's not easy getting up in that confined space.

I'll get to it today.

Agree!!

Just fix what broke......If it ain't broke=Don't fix it!!!!

I'll get to it today.

I know what you mean. I'm getting there myself. Be sure you get a bulb that is the correct length. A bulb that is too long will damage the amber globe inside the housing. Good luck!

Got it out via the 1/2 open headlight door. Then out from under.

Now, NONE of the local parts houses have a 890 bulb.

Pisser.

Got it out via the 1/2 open headlight door. Then out from under.

Now, NONE of the local parts houses have a 890 bulb.

Pisser.

Yeah I ended up ordering from eBay but only after checking the Reatta Store, but I guess they don't have any in stock. Here's a link to the guy they are OEM and at a fair price; and fast shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-890-27w-12-8v-T3-25-PG13-Base-Automotive-Bulb-SET-OF-2/322494445000?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Yeah I ended up ordering from eBay but only after checking the Reatta Store, but I guess they don't have any in stock. Here's a link to the guy they are OEM and at a fair price; and fast shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-890-27w-12-8v-T3-25-PG13-Base-Automotive-Bulb-SET-OF-2/322494445000?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

HELL!!!!=Even the light bulbs for the Reatta are hard to find...lol :)

So far my lights are working fine but if a bulb goes out I plan to change the socket and use 1157 bulbs like most of the rest of the GM line uses. Not sure if the replacement socket will fit the lens but, I'll find out when a bulb goes bad and let you guys know.

So far my lights are working fine but if a bulb goes out I plan to change the socket and use 1157 bulbs like most of the rest of the GM line uses.  Not sure if the replacement socket will fit the lens but, I'll find out when a bulb goes bad and let you guys know.

The front turn signal circuit isn't a simple 12v with a flasher. It uses a higher power bulb with a voltage reducer to match the color and brightness of the small 194's when in parking light mode. I'm not sure why GM went to the trouble when a dual filament bulb would likely work as well, but it may require more real estate than available?

The front turn signal circuit isn't a simple 12v with a flasher. It uses a higher power bulb with a voltage reducer to match the color and brightness of the small 194's when in parking light mode. I'm not sure why GM went to the trouble when a dual filament bulb would likely work as well, but it may require more real estate than available?

As long as the socket will fit the lens I can deal with the rest. I know that the flasher is a module but if need be I will change it over to a flasher and get rid of the module and let you guys know how I did it just in case you are confronted with the same problem.

Thanks Skydive for the e-bay link. 2-890 bulbs for $10 and free shipping. Click send.