What size Oxygen Sensor Socket Tool do I need to buy?

ski.dive

What size -

Oxygen Sensor Wrench Offset Removal Socket Tool do I need to buy to remove the o2 sensor?

What size -

Oxygen Sensor Wrench Offset Removal Socket Tool do I need to buy to remove the o2 sensor?

You can buy a socket made just for that purpose. I use what is called a crowfoot, it is a 7/8 open end wrench that snaps onto a 3/8's extension I use that and a 3/8's universal. I found on my 89 if you can get the wire harness down below the o2 you can use a 7/8's box wrench. Hope this helps.

I concur that it is a 7/8" O2 sensor socket on a 3/8" drive.  I would recommend that you buy the O2 socket as you may need it a 2nd or 3rd time when you are troubleshooting a problem on your engine and you are ruling out the O2 sensor.  I would not recommend a standard 7/8" socket when installing the sensor as the wire of the O2 is squeezed into the socket it can become damaged and might break off if the threads of the manifold give you difficulty in screwing in the sensor.

What size -

I will loan mine to you.  Send me a PM with your address.

I will loan mine to you.  Send me a PM with your address.

Thanks...I just purchase one on Ebay for $8.00

Hey Ski.dive:  Someone here, I think Ronnie, suggested a new o2 sensor (and injectors) might help increase my 11 mpg.  Is the swap-out an easy DIY'er?  Thanks

Hey Ski.dive:  

Is the swap-out an easy DIY'er?  Thanks

Yes, real easy with the O2 sensor removal tool.

Easy...Like changing a spark plug

Hey Ski.dive:  Someone here, I think Ronnie, suggested a new o2 sensor (and injectors) might help increase my 11 mpg.  Is the swap-out an easy DIY'er?  Thanks

Not intending to hijack but 11mpg is pretty terrible unless the car spends most of its timing idling. Is there an existing thread for this issue?

Not intending to hijack but 11mpg is pretty terrible unless the car spends most of its timing idling. Is there an existing thread for this issue?

I have to ask......Is he doing the math or is he going by what the CRT is reporting? Because if by the CRT he is getting the wrong information. My CRT said I was getting 16 to the gallon when the math told me I'm getting a firm 30.