Dreaded IPC Failure

Frogware

Just recently (a couple weeks ago) my IPC just went out while I was driving and then it came back on a few seconds later. Since then it has been going off and on more and more.

So yesterday I thought I would tear apart the dash and remove it and clean the connectors etc.

Anyway I re-installed it and so far it hasn't went out, but it will probably happen again.

Just out of curiosity for those that have repaired them was it a specific failure like a bad Cap? I use to repair computers and there was a Dell Monitor that had a poor design and was prone to early failure. It would power on but a few seconds later it would go out and the power light would go into standby mode. The problem was a blown Capacitor, it was the wrong rating and would overheat from too much power and blow. I don't know how many of those screens I fixed but once I soldered in a new and better Cap they lasted for a long time, in fact I still have one that I use for security cameras and it works great.

Now I don't want to step on anyone's repair business of these so if you don't want to give up certain secrets I understand, Either way I guess I am in the market for a new/used IPC.

When my IPC went south, I don't have any pick-n-pulls in my area and had to buy a new one which I got at NAPA but I had a core charge when I got the new one.

Thus, one way you can repair your IPC is if you can get a working IPC from a pick-n-pull or the other way is to try repairing your IPC while not driving your Reatta.

Woody

89 MAUI