Need Some Window Guidance

jglawnyc

Hey all:  Recently completed horn button repairs, the recliner mechanism lube repair (they both now work great - much thanks to info found here in the Journal), replacement of the front cradle mounts (also thanks to the Journal), wheel resto/repainting (those little black lines on my 16 inch 91's are a bitch!) and new tires.  I've been having some starting problems which I've sorta narrowed down to a faulty driver window ignition "security kill-switch" a prior owner had installed.   To the matter at hand...The black plastic front window guide on my '91 driver side has come loose on about the top 1/3 to half.  This does not affect operation of the window, but its annoying.  When fully closed I just push it and it "snaps" back in nice and tight to the frame.  Does anyone have some advice on securing/fixing this?  Is adhesive do-able, if so, what type?  Or will I need a new window?  Your kind consideration of my issue is as always welcomed and appreciated.  Oh, by the way, as you all understand, I love driving around in my Reatta! (and to think my original desire was a Skyhawk T-Type)

Hey all:  Recently completed horn button repairs, the recliner mechanism lube repair (they both now work great - much thanks to info found here in the Journal), replacement of the front cradle mounts (also thanks to the Journal), wheel resto/repainting (those little black lines on my 16 inch 91's are a bitch!) and new tires.  I've been having some starting problems which I've sorta narrowed down to a faulty driver window ignition "security kill-switch" a prior owner had installed.   To the matter at hand...The black plastic front window guide on my '91 driver side has come loose on about the top 1/3 to half.  This does not affect operation of the window, but its annoying.  When fully closed I just push it and it "snaps" back in nice and tight to the frame.  Does anyone have some advice on securing/fixing this?  Is adhesive do-able, if so, what type?  Or will I need a new window?  Your kind consideration of my issue is as always welcomed and appreciated.  Oh, by the way, as you all understand, I love driving around in my Reatta! (and to think my original desire was a Skyhawk T-Type)

.....I believe what your talking about is the window channel guide. Being that it snaps back into place, I would look for an obstruction in the channel (twig, pebble ) and if or if not, put the window all the way down and using a spray can of lithium grease that has a directional straw and spray up and down the channel and as far down as the straw will go then work the window a number of times ( if you have to snap the guide in place each time do so) and see if it will correct itself. If not you will ether have to replace the guide or glue it. If you glue it use Gorilla Glue.