Reatta on a 2k mile trip-What spare parts and tools would you bring?

ski.dive

OK Guys,

If you were taking your Reatta on a 2k mile trip-

What spare parts and tools would you bring? :cool:

OK Guys,

If you were taking your Reatta on a 2k mile trip-

What spare parts and tools would you bring? :cool:

....I just came off of two 3000 mile trips. I took a 15 a 13 and a 10 open end box wrenches and didn't need them and I got 30 miles to the gallon. I have made these same trips 3 different times (Seeing my kids in Michigan) and no problems. I really like this car had a number of chances to sell it and turned them down.

It's impossible to predict what you will need if you break down on the road. There are few things that will help you get to a place that has what you need. I carry a good tool kit that you can see here. I carry a second box that has diagnostic tools like a volt meter and a  fuel pressure gauge. That box also has jumper cables and a hammer.

You can't carry every part that might fail. I have a spare belt, fuses, a relay that fits the fuel pump and brakes, a MAF sensor, and some other things that I can't remember right now. I intend to get a complete ICM with coils mounted to add to the second box but I've not got around to going to the junk yard to get one.

Change out your upper and lower radiator hoses and flush the cooling system unless you did this recently.

Make sure your spare tire is aired up and you have the jack, lug wrench and locking lug nut key.  Might be a good idea to lube up the jack too.

I have been to Ft Pierce a couple of times and found the area to be beautiful.  I only drove there from Michigan once with a 2004 Grand Prix 3800 and had no car trouble at all.