Identify this

Captmike

Part.is attached to driver side front support near headlight front of car oblong metal with wire and connector, its aboit 2 by 4 inches? From memory 2 wires. Connector comes from.car but dosent match? I will take picture tomorrow if no one can identify it .

Part.is attached to driver side front support near headlight front of car oblong metal with wire and connector, its aboit 2 by 4 inches? From memory 2 wires. Connector comes from.car but dosent match? I will take picture tomorrow if no one can identify it .

Your description is sorta like someone trying to describe an elephant to a blind man. :) We need a photo to identify your part.

...Is it flat on the top and round on the bottom?? If it is I believe it is a sensor for the airbag. I have one on my 89 but have no airbag and can find no other function for it. I think GM was going to add an airbag to the 89 (because of "talks" from the Government about making it mandatory) but then changed their minds because of the cost, but the airbag was added on the 90.

...Is it flat on the top and round on the bottom?? If it is I believe it is a sensor for the airbag. I have one on my 89 but have no airbag and can find no other function for it. I think GM was going to add an airbag to the 89 (because of "talks" from the Government about making it mandatory) but then changed their minds because of the cost, but the airbag was added on the 90.

I bet thats it. I.have airbag...i.am.going.to.search on google.see.what.it looks like. Not that...i.will get a picture

Captmike pid='3437' dateline='1507844955']

I bet thats it. I.have airbag...i.am.going.to.search on google.see.what.it looks like. Not that...i.will get a picture

.. anyone know what this is

20171012_175616.thumb.jpg.acf6ffd8818c3a68485d99fc30a7171a.jpg

20171012_175607.thumb.jpg.518a764fa077ffa288ded45458c890f0.jpg

I have tried 3 times to.load photo of it??

Your description is sorta like someone trying to describe an elephant to a blind man. :)  We need a photo to identify your part.

I finally posted.a.picture below in earlier post

I don't remember seeing that part. As mechanic74 said, it could be the airbag sensor. My '88 model wouldn't have one.

Your description is sorta like someone trying to describe an elephant to a blind man. :)  We need a photo to identify your part.

I did get a picture . Earlier post

20171012_175607.thumb.jpg.c4747569f550f8eb20f3c74317fefbd2.jpg

I did get a picture . Earlier post

...Check for codes and then unplug the unit and check for codes again if you have an airbag code that will tell you what it is.

...Check for codes and then unplug the unit and check for codes again if you have an airbag code that will tell you what it is.

It was.not hooked.up when i got the car. And the plugs dont match?

20171012_175607.thumb.jpg.542ae01307003e0157722d28a986875a.jpg