HELP=CRT turns on fine,but will NOT change screen to,climate,gauges,summary,etc.

ski.dive

New problem this morning, I get in the Reatta turn on the key and the CRT screen does its usual check perfect.

But when I press the Climate button, it does NOT go to the Climate screen on the CRT?

Same when I press any other button, summary,gauges,radio,etc, it will NOT go to any of these other screens?

The CRT screen looks perfect when I turn on the Reatta, but the screen will not change to any other option?

See picture bellow, I get this screen when I turn on the car,

and as you can see, the CRT screen looks perfect ,

but the screen will not change to any other option,

like Climate,Gauges, Summary when I press those buttons?

242316423_REATTACRTSCREENPIC.jpg.1018a355dc3fed2d4fa72f1041f66443.jpg

When you touch the screen you can see are you able to operate the radio, AC etc.?

When you touch the screen you can see are you able to operate the radio, AC etc.?

No,

This opening screen goes thru its VEHICLE SYSTEM check, when I turn on the car like usual, perfect like pic.

But if I hit the Gauges button, it will not go to the Gauges screen

Same if I hit the Climate button, the screen will not got to the Climate screen.

Etc. when I hit any of the buttons,   the screen stays on the screen you see in the picture.

Let me rephrase my question... Are you able to turn the radio on and off from the screen you showed in your photo??

Disconnect your battery nd leave it disconnected for a minute or two, then reconnect. It should correct itself as it might be a communication issue to the BCM.

Let me rephrase my question... Are you able to turn the radio on and off from the screen you showed in your photo??

Ronnie,

No, nothing happens when I touch this screen either...

Like Dave said:

I'm going to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if the CRT resets itself.

~I will post results later.

Ronnie,

No, nothing happens when I touch this screen either.

Like Dave said, I'm going to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if the CRT resets itself.

I think that is a really good idea. I would check all the fuses too. The CRT screen and the "Touch screen" are actually two separate parts that are connected together as a unit. It's possible that the touch screen that covers the CRT isn't getting power or it isn't communicating with the BCM as Dave said.

Disconnecting the battery may not work. I was in a you pick yard and pulled a CRT with a rebuild sticker on it. Everything looked great but when I installed it in the Red to test it it would not change screens. So i offered the counter guy less but he wouldn't do it so I left it.

I am sure he threw it away...

CRT UPDATE=

I disconnected the battery for 5 min.,

Turned on the Reatta, the CRT did its Vehicle System Check and then ......

I hit the Climate button and it worked :D 

I hit the Radio button and it worked :rolleyes: 

I hit ALL THE BUTTONS & they all worked ;) 

I then DRANK a Beer :P and Celebrated and easy fix that ''could have been very Costly''

Thanks for the Help!!!! = Darth Vader is back on the road again!!!

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Dave got it right. Good job Dave!

Dave,

You hit it on the BULLS-EYE, the CRT just needed a RESET!!!

~Thanks