Air Bag Light

gmgold

Our 1991 Reatta Coupe Air Bag light and Electrical Problem light both come on, more often when I don't buckle up before starting the engine.  They stay on for a day or two, then stop coming on.  I've replaced the airbag coil kit 26013854 and air bag module 17989641. That worked for a while. Then, both lights come on. Stay on for several start/stops. Then, one fine day, they won't come on. For a while.  

This probably isn't a major problem as the lights seem to be resetting, but it would be nice to permanently fix. Any thoughts?

Our 1991 Reatta Coupe Air Bag light and Electrical Problem light both come on, more often when I don't buckle up before starting the engine.  They stay on for a day or two, then stop coming on.  I've replaced the airbag coil kit 26013854 and air bag module 17989641. That worked for a while. Then, both lights come on. Stay on for several start/stops. Then, one fine day, they won't come on. For a while.  

This probably isn't a major problem as the lights seem to be resetting, but it would be nice to permanently fix. Any thoughts?

...Check the airbag censer connector in the front of the car under the hood. Before you do pull the neg. cable off the battery and don't put the cable back on until you're done.