Front Turn Signals ???

Frogware

So I was driving around town at about dusk and I had my fog lights on. Well I went into the left turn lane behind someone else and I could see the reflection of my car in their back end. I could see the fog lights but then I noticed there was no left turn signal flashing.

I just checked all my lights the other day because I needed to take it to have the registration done on it and everything worked great. Well when I got home after my errand I put the turn signal on and sure enough there was no light on the front left but the rear lights were flashing! So I thought I should check the right side and the right front was also out, but the rear was flashing. The green flasher indicator lights on the panel were also flashing.

I thought that if a bulb was out the flasher would remain solid; or is that just for the rear lights?

Is there a fuse/module/relay or something for this or is this just a fluke that both lights burnt out?

Also I think that the side marker lights came on briefly when I push slightly up/down on the turn signal stick on either side and went out when I put it all the way up/down. Is this normal or should they stay lit until you either turn it off or end the turn (steering wheel turns it off)? I will check it again at night to make sure.

Thanks

-Scott

Take your circuit tester and see if there is power to the socket. You can turn the key to the "run" position and turn on the directional. If it flashes you know the bulb is bad, if it doesn't there are relays in the fuse box under the hood. Try swapping them with known good relays. I don't think it is the relays as the rears work. Could be you have a ground/power wire issue at the front.

Thanks Dave!

I agreed with you that it wasn't a relay. So I decided to check the the circuit and it was good. Then I decided that I needed to do the dreaded removal of the housing and after a few cuss words I finally got it out and sure enough the bulb was fried.

Time to replace the bulbs.

Be sure to get the correct bulb. Get one too long and you damage the orange globe inside the housing. Turn Signal Light Amber Globe Repair

Yeah Thanks Ronnie, I remember. My other Reatta has one of those broken globes and I needed to replace it, but haven't done it yet. Maybe I will say kill two birds this weekend if the weather holds out.