How do I remove a stuck Accumulator ball?

ski.dive

Found a newly wrecked Reatta at the Junk Yard today.

I tried to remove the accumulator ball, but it would NOT budge.

How do I remove a stuck Accumulator ball?

When I got my Reatta the ball was really hard to remove. I used the Allen wrench and a strap style oil filter wrench to turn it while having a friend hold the pump with a large pair of channel locks to prevent putting to much torque on the bolt that attaches the pump to the master cylinder.

Today when 2seater and I were testing some pressure switches and balls we ran into some tough ones that did not want to come off. What I did was get my battery powered impact wrench and then used the allen wrench socket. Same for the pressure switches using my Teves pressure switch socket. Worked like a dream.

Small cheater bar on the allen wrench's long side.  I put a block of wood next to the pump to keep it from turning.

Another way is to use a 3/8's drive 3/8 or 7/16 deepwell socket and an extension on the allen wrench.

Small cheater bar on the allen wrench's long side.  I put a block of wood next to the pump to keep it from turning.

This is what I did. Slow and steady pressure on the cheater bar worked perfectly.