I've never noticed this before.

Ronnie

I check all my lights pretty often so yesterday I decided to turn on the headlights and check the lights all the way around to make sure they were working properly.

All exterior lights were burning on low beam as they should so I pulled the turn signal stalk to turn on the high beams. I walked around the car to check all the exterior lights again and everything looked fine. As I reached in through the window to turn off the headlights I noticed the high beam indicator on the dash wasn't working. I switched the headlights from high to low several times and still no high beam indicator on the instrument panel.

When I got in the car and turned the key to the RUN position the high beam indicator came on. I should have known that the key would have to be on but as many times as I have checked the lights before I had never noticed that the high beam indicator didn't work with the key off.

I learn something new every day. :S

I guess I never paid attention before either. My '90 has no dash lights of any kind, including the beam indicator, with the lights on and key off. This is just reaching through the window and not opening the door.