FM Transmitter

AZ Ron

I bought this from eBay seller "poweradd".  $5.99 with free shipping.  It works great!

You simply turn it on, tune your radio to an unused FM station, tune the transmitter to that same station and plug the transmitter into your IPOD or other device.  I laid the IPOD on my console and was able to listen to my tunes for today's ride.

It comes with a USB adaptor for charging the device.  The best part is that I don't have to pull the radio on my 88 to add a jack or anything.

The package also says you can plug it into your smart phone so you can use the phone hands free and listen to any music from your smart phone too.  I have a cheap Trac Fone and do not store any music on it so this product works great for me.  With almost 900 songs on the IPOD I am in fat city!

DSCF2106.thumb.JPG.83565da580e71fc1c6cde2cd062147ac.JPG

Ron, using something similar , FirstE. Plugs into cigarette lighter. Are you using same power source? On my 91, that source is "constant on". Little inconvenient. May rewire to switched. My radio appears to need new capacitors, may pull and have refurbished. Dislike modern radio ergonomics. Give me slides, buttons, and knobs.

I went out to Gibson's and look for an old Riv/Reatta cassete deck. I take the back off remove the plug and the short pigtail and graft in a 7mm extension cord. Now I can run the MP3 player or my wife's cell phone through the sound system just by pressing the screen on the CRT. A guy who is no longer on the forum made me one for the 'vert as it takes a different plug.

Ron, using something similar , FirstE. Plugs into cigarette lighter. Are you using same power source?  On my 91, that source is "constant on". Little inconvenient. May rewire to switched.  My radio appears to need new capacitors, may pull and have refurbished. Dislike modern radio ergonomics. Give me slides, buttons, and knobs.

The unit is rechargeable and lasts for 50 minutes.  No wires needed in the car.