coolant leak behind throttle body

bkcamaro

I changed a bunch of my gaskets two weeks ago and put it back together this last weekend after i got new injectors cause i broke a couple of mine trying to change the o-rings and stabbed my finger with my pick. Well now i have a coolant leak right behind the throttle body right where the tube next to the thermostat fits into the throttle body. i know pulling it apart i noticed it must be a press fit cause i see no 0-rings nor a flange for some sort of gasket to sit. I did try using the search bar and couldn't find anything under coolant leak

2seater has a "fix" for this. I think what he did was use a pipe tap and a plug. The pipe is used to help in warm up, but is not functional to car operation. However here is the weasel, wait for Ronnie or 2seater as I don't know for sure.

Pretty sure it is a press fit without an o-ring. You could try something like Loctite on the pipe and let dry a while before refilling. I just eliminate those pipes by tapping the holes in the manifold and installing pipe plugs. I have never had any issues but my car is summer only. The FSM says it is to avoid icing in cool damp weather? I know they are a pain if you remove the throttle body regularly or use different ones as I do.

Pretty sure it is a press fit without an o-ring. You could try something like Loctite on the pipe and let dry a while before refilling. I just eliminate those pipes by tapping the holes in the manifold and installing pipe plugs. I have never had any issues but my car is summer only. The FSM says it is to avoid icing in cool damp weather? I know they are a pain if you remove the throttle body regularly or use different ones as I do.

do you remember what size tap

What i might do and don't know if i will have enough room but cut the pipe shorter and put a barbed fitting on it and use a small piece of hose to connect it

do you remember what size tap

1/4"npt for the one on top and 3/8"npt for the lower one with the studs. Alternatively you can just make a blank plate for the lower one.