Bumped Up

jglawnyc

Hey Reattos:  I have two issues for which I seek your knowledge today...

1)  My bumpers have small pit looking marks, although the metal feels smooth.  What kind of metal are these front (and rear) bumper tops made of?  And, what is the best way to clean these up and polish them?

2)  The tint layer on the top center of my rear glass is showing bumps or bubbles.  While not a terrible issue, I am consumed by wanting things to be perfect (I blame my Mom for that issue).  I'm assuming the tint was factory installed because of the angle of the top of the rear glass is so exposed to sun damage.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to repair/replacement of these tint bumps?

1. If you are referring to the top chrome parts of the bumpers; I think it is a chrome plating that is very thin ( I could be wrong ). Too much polishing could result wearing off the chrome and you would have a dull look. If it is pitted then it is oxidation, but you could try using SimiChrome Polish. It works really well and is not very harsh depending on how deep the pits are.

2. It sounds like the tint is not a factory tint at least I haven't heard of a factory tint bubbling before. You can either remove it or re-do it. Some of those do-it-yourself tints can be very tricky to remove.

Hope this helps