Windshield help

IMPALADAKID

Well this was going to be a hello my name is Bill, and I just bought my first Reatta thread. But then I started to look into replacing the cracked windshield. So now this is a who sells a replacement at the best price thread? Safelite seems to have one around 1100. I only paid 500 for the car. Is there a good source for Windshields? I am in New Hampshire.

Oh BTW, My name is Bill, and I just bought my first Reatta. It is a white rust free 88 with 193k, and a cracked windshield.

Thanks

Bill

Hello Bill. Welcome to the ROJ forum. The price of $1100 may seem high but it's actually not a bad price for a new windshield for a Reatta. I have heard of quotes that were much higher. There is only one company that still makes the Reatta windshields, Pilkington Glass.

You might consider a used windshield but they have to be removed and installed correctly or the windshield will be ruined.

Well this was going to be a hello my name is Bill, and I just bought my first Reatta thread. But then I started to look into replacing the cracked windshield. So now this is a who sells a replacement at the best price thread? Safelite seems to have one around 1100. I only paid 500 for the car. Is there a good source for Windshields? I am in New Hampshire.

Oh BTW, My name is Bill, and I just bought my first Reatta. It is a white rust free 88 with 193k, and a cracked windshield.

Thanks

Bill

....Bill I have a suggestion, don't know if this will help but, I was looking for a windshield for my 66 Pontiac and typed in the search engine windshield replacement in Greenville SC and found a place i believe was called the Glassman I got a windshield from him (new) for $100.00 I don't have his number anymore but you might give it a try.

There are two yards in your part of the country that have Reatta hoods for sale which might mean they have a windshield available. You could call and ask them.

They are;

Hall's Garage in Rhode Island 401-647-3648

Route 117 Used Auto Parts Lancaster Maine 888-347-1170

I have heard of guys getting one and duct taping it to their existing windshield to get it home or to the repair shop. I have never done that but it is something to consider.

So I called around today to get a replacement windshield. Portland glass, Interstate glass, and Safelite (Who had a quote of 1100 on line) They all said there is no new windshield for Reattas. I have called a few places on used windshields, but nothing close that I would want to spend money on only to have it break in transit. :(

There is one on Chicago Craigslist [windshield is actually in Southwest Michigan] that the guy claims is like new. He wants $200.00 for it. Too far for you maybe but maybe to help someone closer.

Just looked there is a 1989 Blue Reatta as a parts car. No engine or tranny but could be a good deal.

So I called around today to get a replacement windshield. Portland glass, Interstate glass, and Safelite (Who had a quote of 1100 on line) They all said there is no new windshield for Reattas. I have called a few places on used windshields, but nothing close that I would want to spend money on only to have it break in transit. :(

Try Street Rod Glass=888-876-1116 or Glass Doctor=888-516-8133