Panel lights slider doesn't work

Dfk88

can anyone help me with this? If it helps the wind shield wiper fluid and pulse doesn't work either

The problem is likely to be a bad photocell. There are several articles here on ROJ about the photocell and troubleshooting the dash lights.

Photocell is a nice easy fix once you get the part, at least on my '91.  Just be careful not to damage the plastic defrost grille on top when removing it.  As soon as I replaced it I was mesmerized by the twilight sentinel opening and closing the headlight doors automatically depending on outside light conditions,  Try going through a few short tunnels in the daytime.  Also love the "headlights suggested" warning on my '91's dash!

I'm sure Ronnie will give some help here but I got photocell new from an online GM parts place, I can look back and get the info if you need me too, just let me know.  They are interchangeable with alot of other GM cars, at least for my '91.  You can probably pick the part too, but used is used and its sorta a delicate thing like the size of a quarter, so up to you.  Mine, and probably yours, are at the front center top of the dash.  If your gonna make a commitment to your Reatta you may want to consider getting a shop manual.  I think I have a site bookmarked on an old computer with access to the Reatta shop manual and other docs, I'll look that up too, maybe the other Reattos on here know about that.

If your gonna make a commitment to your Reatta you may want to consider getting a shop manual.  I think I have a site bookmarked on an old computer with access to the  Reatta shop manual and other docs, I'll look that up too, maybe the other Reattos on here know about that.

I think the site you are referring to is Reatta.net. That's where I used to go to look up items in the manual. That option is no longer available due to GM cancelling the license allowing us Reatta owners access to the on-line manual. I think your only option now is to buy a hard copy manual.

Looked it up for you:  I got the photocell at gmpartsdirect.com  part # Sensor - GM (25673037).  Its $56 now, I got it for $33 years ago in 2012 just after I got my Reatta.  I've just recently started getting serious about the restoration.  Part is listed for all Reatta years, Caddy Deville 96-99 and Caddy Seville 96-04

Give your "fog lights" button a try. Sometimes when I try different switches the back lights don't always work. I then turn on my fog lights and the back lights come on. Could work for you.

It's worth a try.

The "slide" switch located in the headlight switch controls the brightness of the instrument lights, but if slid all the way to the right will turn on the courtesy lights. The Foglight I was reffering to is located in front of the shifter. The other switch next to the foglight button is a headlight switch also. It allows you to raise the headlights without turning the lights on.

Press the foglight button to see if the backlights you were complaining about not working light up. Of course it has to be dark.

What I'm trying to figure out is why the slider won't turn on the dome/floor lights, id also like to note that all my exterior lights work perfect

What I'm trying to figure out is why the slider won't turn on the dome/floor lights, id also like to note that all my exterior lights work perfect

Do the interior lights come on when you open the doors?

"Yep" tells me that the BCM is working properly and it is picking up the interior light relay to turn on the interior lights. You must have a bad headlight switch or a bad connection between the headlight relay and the BCM. You are pushing the slider on the headlight switch all the way to the right until it clicks aren't your?

"Yep" tells me that the BCM is working properly and it is picking up the interior light relay to turn on the interior lights. You must have a bad headlight switch or a bad connection between the headlight relay and the BCM. You are pushing the slider on the headlight switch all the way to the right until it clicks aren't your?

I always push it all the way to the right but I don't know that I've ever heard a click before? Is it possible I just need to apply slightly more force? I've broken so many things in life that I've developed a habit of being very careful and gentle when using things I'm not super educated with, what i can say is i actually took the trim and stuff off to see if something was wrong with the wiring harness but it was all good

I just checked my car and there is a definite click when the slider is slid all the way to the right to turn in the interior lights.

The right edge of the square knob on the slider should be lined up with the right side of the "S" in the word "lights" written on the switch when the interior lights are turned on with the slider. It shouldn't take a lot of effort to get the slider to click. If it doesn't click you probably have a bad headlight switch. If everything else on the switch works I don't think it is worth changing the switch just to turn the interior lights on.

Yeah I just found out that I'm a complete moron there was a click and it turned on my interior lights I'm truly sorry for some of the questions I ask you guys haha